cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proceeded with a text offer from PM to transfer to Koodo, now kinda stuck

zywan0124
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Got a text offer from PM on Monday to transfer to Koodo, decide to do it on the same day, ordered the plan with SIM card on Koodo's website. It's Friday afternoon now, no shipment notice from Koodo, and no way to get hold with anyone from Koodo to check my order status. The problem is my PM new billing cycle starts on this weekend, obviously I don't want to renew another 90 days to keep my service active, so my question is if I renew my PM service with the cheapest plan avaiable on Sunday, then transfer my number as soon as I receive Koodo SIM card, would it work? Is changing my PM plan going to voild my eligbility to get the text offer? Thank you guys!

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Star wrote:

@EdmondY wrote:

If you don't mind not being able to get to use your PM service, you could just leave your account as expired, the number is still active so it should be able to port out.  The service will be suspended but the number is retained for 90 days after suspendion.

Afaik you need an active plan=active number to be able to port the number out.

@EdmondY please note that @Star is correct, the account must be active (not suspended) in order for the port out to succeed, unfortunately.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Star
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@EdmondY wrote:

If you don't mind not being able to get to use your PM service, you could just leave your account as expired, the number is still active so it should be able to port out.  The service will be suspended but the number is retained for 90 days after suspendion.

Afaik you need an active plan=active number to be able to port the number out.

EdmondY
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Edit: never mind, turns out it actually needs to be active, sorry for the misunderstanding!

srlawren

FYI Koodo charges $30 if you activate at a kiosk/retail store, and none if you order and activate online.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@zywan0124, here is the FAQ on the Koodo web store.  Their contact hours are quite late in the day.  You can call them and tell them the situation.  They might be able to expedite the order to meet your needs.  If you live in the GTA, delivery is really fast once the order is processed.  As @Luddite suggested, get a referral and complete step 1 ASAP so you don't lose out on the $50 reward.

https://www.koodomobile.com/webstore-policies

@zywan0124 wrote:

Thank you, when you say "future date", do you mean changing the plan to the $10/30days on next renew on the PM self serve?

Not quite. Login to your account now, click Change Plan, pick the $10 plan to be effective on your next renewal.

Be aware that the Koodo SIM may take a week to arrive. Why not go to a kiosk? Have you obtained a referral code from a current Koodo customer for $50?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

zywan0124
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you, when you say "future date", do you mean changing the plan to the $10/30days on next renew on the PM self serve?

mimmo

I would future date the 10$ plan .You will be without data.  Changing plans does not affect the offer.

Need Help? Let's chat.