cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with transferring my Number from old carrier

Deschan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I subscribed yesterday, installed Esim, about the transfer my number. I dont know what step i missed by basically

1) I haven't gotten any authentication text from my old carrier

thus

2) i dont know if my number is transferred to public mobile or not

**I can send text and call because I just subscriubed to public mobile BUT I CANNOT receive text or call.

Please help, thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Rick_041551
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Could you send me that phone number. I've been trying to compete the number transfer since yesterday

Deschan

hey I just transferred my number. Its working now.

What i suggest  is , keep your old sim in the phone for now.  Send a private message to the customer service agent and they will get back to you. Its likely that they will restart the transfer number process.

Rick_041551
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am having the same issue. The number transfer I initiated yesterday did not complete. I cannot get in touch with anyone at Public to restart the transfer process

@Deschan 

look to top right side of this page for the little envelop icon should be highlighted as I sent you a number to call to re-start the port process. Good luck and welcome to PM.

Deschan

I installed the esim, the agent asked me to take the old sim out so i did, but i realized i haven't got the authetication SMS from rogerrs yet, so after i restarted the phone I put my old sim back but since then I haven't gotten any text

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Deschan 

If your old SIM still works then porting is not completed.

You need to CS_Agent to restart the porting process for you but leave the old SIM in your phone and reply to the text with YES within 90 minutes of receiving the text to complete the porting.

The old SIM will continue to work for another 1-2 hours until porting is completed.

Deschan

because the agent asked me to take the sim card out...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Deschan , has your account activated successfully?  If so, what number do you see associated with the account?  If you have been assigned a temporary number and your old service is still fully functional, perhaps try another number transfer submission from within the online account.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Deschan 

I bet you forgot to leave old sim in phone until activation was successful.

added...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/number-transfer-port-troubleshooting

Need Help? Let's chat.