cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with payment on expired credit card

khemmerl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

My daughter's phone was set to renew on my credit card and I forgot to update her Public Mobile account when I got a new card.  I've had her update her profile with the new credit card info about 10 hours ago and made a payment for the outstanding balance yet she just got a text from Public Mobile asking to ensure her credit card info is correct.  The Overview page says Available Funds: $120 and Account Status: Active.  Is there something else I need to do?

Ken 

12 REPLIES 12

khemmerl

@computergeek541  The phone is working correctly so it appears you are correct that the text notification was scheduled and was sent out even after we'd corrected the credit card information and made a payment.  Thanks everyone for your help.

Ken

@HALIMACS wrote:

Hey @t_p 

Looks like you dripped some guacamole on your picture above.

🤣🤣🤣

At least green is my favourite color. NOT YELLOW 😬

Hey @t_p 

Looks like you dripped some guacamole on your picture above.

🤣🤣🤣

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@khemmerl wrote:

Hello,

My daughter's phone was set to renew on my credit card and I forgot to update her Public Mobile account when I got a new card.  I've had her update her profile with the new credit card info about 10 hours ago and made a payment for the outstanding balance yet she just got a text from Public Mobile asking to ensure her credit card info is correct.  The Overview page says Available Funds: $120 and Account Status: Active.  Is there something else I need to do?

Ken 

@khemmerl 

Check the account Payment Due date, either by calling 611 or in the self-serve page:

t_p_0-1639316049446.png

If the service is working normally on that date, there is nothing else to do. 

If the service stops, then log in to check what's going on and reactivate account as required.

Check status under the self serve,  @khemmerl 

Right under the teal-colored box in the upper left area will be a line that reads "Account Status": (ignore highlighted area in example below)

HALIMACS_0-1639314152920.png

If it's listed as active, you're good to go!

@khemmerl 

You can call 611 from the phone or 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter the 10 digit phone number. This will give you the basic account info including the status either active or suspended.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@khemmerl : Wifi would only matter with texting and mostly on an iPhone unless using android "chat". Calling in/out would be a true test of working cell service.

@khemmerl wrote:

computergeek541, the phone seems to be working although we're at home so I'm not sure if it's using the Public Mobile network or just our local Wifi.  We'll check it tomorrow when she goes to work.

For phone calls, your phone can't be using Wi-Fi as Public Mobile doesn't support Wi-Fi calling.  Simply try making a regular phone call.  If it works, the service is working and there's nothing further to do. The balance in the Public Mobile account will be used for the next renewal.

khemmerl

computergeek541, the phone seems to be working although we're at home so I'm not sure if it's using the Public Mobile network or just our local Wifi.  We'll check it tomorrow when she goes to work.

khemmerl

There's 9 transactions with today's date: 5 credits and 4 debits.  The status is really not clear based on that history.

@khemmerl wrote:

Public Mobile has these type of text message sent to customers only during certain times of the day.  The messgae could have simply been delayed and was sent based on previous payment status.  Is your daugher's service working?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@khemmerl , if the account status is active the service should be working. Please check the payment history to confirm that a renewal was processed.    

Need Help? Let's chat.