cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem activating new service

JohnBegone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

Trying to get my wife onto Public Mobile and having a really difficult time getting her activated on an e-SIM. There have been error messages all the way through the process, and now we are stuck, which is why I'm posting this from my account. She cannot login ("Something went wrong" error message - or it asks her 2-factor from her new number, which isn't working yet), and her e-SIM failed and continues to fail in "Searching..." to connect on her iPhone. It won't connect to the PM network - her iPhone said the activation failed and to connect with Public Mobile for support.

We're in a bit of a Catch-22 situation here where we cannot activate, and cannot login to post questions here to support or the community.

Because she's on Koodo as a pre-paid customer, we would like to just get her e-SIM activated with the new number, and then place a request for support to port over the service to her existing number, but we cannot even get to this step at the present moment. I assume it is because of the massive server overloads today, but not sure if this is a "sit and wait patiently" sort of situation or if we need to address this manually in any way.

Thanks for the problem solving help!

6 REPLIES 6

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@JohnBegone , My Account webpage & Public Mobile app is working for me now. Still a little slow but much better though!

Zezima

Thanks for posting and sharing the update.
Same happened here, tried to pay and go to next page to start to port my phone number over and charged my credit card twice. Hopefully it'll get working again tonight or have to try tomorrow morning.

@JohnBegone wrote:

Thanks for validating that this is a shared activation situation across the board. I feel like PM should put some kind of notice on their website about this, and stop accepting new activations for the moment. It would seem like a nice gesture for them to offer some kind of credit or billing adjustment for new customers for the day(s) lost where we couldn't even use their service. It made me look really bad to sell my wife on this new wonderful plan and service and now it's all just error messages and inability to even activate it!

@JohnBegone , yes I agree they should post an announcement! It frustrating. I have been trying for close to 4 hours now!

I received a response back from a CS_Agent!

I tried to switch to this plan but My Account & Public Mobile app are stuck on loading & never does. A CS_Agent said: 

“We are aware that there are issues with the website and the access to the self-serve profile.

That is due to the launch of the new plans.

The Tech Team is aware of the issue.

I suggest that you wait until tomorrow and try again.

At the moment, the website has issues due to a high volume of users.

I hope that tomorrow the website is running properly so you can schedule the plan change.”

Edit: I will try to update everyone as soon as I can successfully load My Account page & app. Hoping to soon!

JohnBegone

Thanks for validating that this is a shared activation situation across the board. I feel like PM should put some kind of notice on their website about this, and stop accepting new activations for the moment. It would seem like a nice gesture for them to offer some kind of credit or billing adjustment for new customers for the day(s) lost where we couldn't even use their service. It made me look really bad to sell my wife on this new wonderful plan and service and now it's all just error messages and inability to even activate it!

finnigan55

Same issue here. Got a 802 error during sign up. Credit card was charged but cannot login. Waited 2 hours in chat queue and "Carlos" closed the chat.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JohnBegone 

the PM website has been "overworked" today...try again later this evening or tomorrow for best results.

Need Help? Let's chat.