cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post flooding

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Why do I keep getting these messages and my post getting redirected to my drafts and not allowing me to post It? This is getting really annoying!!

Screenshot_20220105-010426.png

9 REPLIES 9

@softech 

Lol....minty came back for Xmas so there are no mouse's in my house! This is my mouse...☝️!

A mouse in our house?Lol...did hear that mint? A mouse in our house!!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@darlicious You mouse is very sensitive I guess or chased by the cat and it ran too fast?

I think I got it twice or so, but I keep the windows open (I don't want to re-type everything) and check from another windows, it shows that the reply was already posted..

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious  FYI - I originally thought your post topic was regarding "After the Flooding in BC" from the crazy weather weeks/months ago, which I am sure is still affecting many very deeply.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious  -  i received that red banner a few times too on this new rollout. Just had to reselect Reply and it seemed to post okay.

Hopefully, something that is still being ironed out. 🤞

@Jb456 

Strange that on mobile more glitches seem to happen. It's part of the reason I have stuck with my old tablet rather than the new one that just acted like a giant phone without the ability to actually phone anyone....at least I get mostly the desktop version but still a tablet. Thank you for the info it gives me a way of understanding the platform so I know what to search for when I do look for answers on the khoros community.

@darlicious  This is likely another setting in Khoros Lithium or Atlas or whatever runs the forum software that (only my opinion) whoever at PM manages the software just hasn't taken the time to look into and set settings correctly. Which causes these weird errors. If you ever looked into the actual software that runs these forums (demos can be found online also YouTube) it is just simply clicks of a button. Example for us regular users to an Oracle (super user) they just click a permission to change our name tags from regular to superer user and then your account has all the permission of what an Oracle has. Accounts can also be modified for certain additional things. It's just like a check mark with each permission the user can have. So technically (I am getting off track) but there are options to tick next to your name and you could technically have the option to edit people's posts (which I actually asked for in the past when they asked if I wanted to be an Oracle. Didn't want Oracle duties but I could have helped editing personal details since I was always online. Anyways. From reading quickly there are different HTML settings"Limited, Full, Advanced". A quick Google search brings up a ton of threads that other Community Forum managers post with Khoros asking how to fix this and that. Like link below it is an old one but was somewhat talks about the issue your experiencing. It would be nice that whoever is the community manager at PM would actually spend more time on the Khoros forums, opening tickets to resolve some of the issues we as posters face on the forums. Like the quote button for mobile users. In text editor version 2, (that's when they updated and we lost the quote button). Version 2 has a customization tool bar for what icons you want to have displayed. Think this last update is version 3. Anyways How I found this which I posted Nov 2020 to Catherine (and just today on the new community thread) is that Verizon also uses Khoros and they lost the quote button as well. Verizon fixed the issue in a few weeks for their forums after their community manager opened a ticket with Khoros. Yet PM just doesn't seem to go that extra step.

Anywho on link below you can see the people saying they enabled permission HTML for regular users "Allow users to use advanced HTML". And it resolved their issue.

https://community.khoros.com/t5/Khoros-Community-Product/Invalid-HTML-when-trying-to-post/td-p/48383...

So basically it comes down to PM has to fix their settings and if it still does not work like it should they should open a ticket with Khoros which will assist in resolving the issue.

On a another note. Still haven't received notification that you tagged me in this post as of screenshot below. I got it now. But over 40 minutes for notification on mobile.

Screenshot_20220105-052156_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220105-052221_Chrome.jpg

@Jb456 

Maybe....just the normal one you get all the time except they are just original posts with no links or copy and pasted content. So how do you not get this if there is nothing to fix in the first place? It's instinct to just click post or this stupid reply button they have put in....

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious  Did you by chance get HTML error when trying to first submit? Then immediately reclicked submit again? That likely would have activated the spam filters. 

Sometimes when I try to post I get the HTML error (red banner) then I wait a few seconds before hitting submit again and it goes through.

Below is a post from an admin from another site regarding post flooding and how they corrected the issue which I would assume PM could adjust in their spam settings....

++We have modified settings on the flood control settings so that users can post 3-4 unique messages within 3600 seconds.  This is something we will need to test together to make sure is acceptable while protecting the community from spam. ++

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had a few of those too and then it turns out you've double posted in your attempt to think you've fixed it. You didn't this time.

Need Help? Let's chat.