cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting

Whit4d19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do you stop your number from being ported to a different carrier?

8 REPLIES 8

@computergeek541 

That makes sense!

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Whit4d19 

That sounds strange why someone called you and ask you for your PIN.

Was the person your carrier you were dealing with?

That's not that uncommon in the case of a failed number port.  While Public Mobile doesn't usually do it, some carriers do phone customers to fix porting issues.  If a customer is unsure about the source of the call, the standard customer service for that carrier can be called back.  Usually, the person at the carrier will provide some type of information about the new carrier's account such as the new carrier's account number to prove that they are in fact calling from that new carrier.

@Whit4d19 

That sounds strange why someone called you and ask you for your PIN.

Was the person your carrier you were dealing with?

@Whit4d19  As long as your SIM card works and you have it and didn’t reply YES to confirm a port request your good ithe number shouldn’t port . But to be safe I’d go into your account and change your PIN no one should have that info except you for this sorta reason , it’s how SIM card fraud happens 

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Whit4d19 I would contact a CS agent and tell them if there is a request to transfer your number that you have changed your mind and do not want to leave now. The link below should get you started with contacting an agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
(note: you will need to be logged into your Community account for this link to work)

Whit4d19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A person called someone and asked them to port my number then they pasted the phone to me and they asked me my pin and I gave it to them but they never asked me anything but I no longer want to change

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Whit4d19 did you receive a text from Public Mobile asking to confirm transferring out? If you haven't received it simply ignore the request and after 90 minutes the port request should have failed. If you responded Yes, you might be too late. You could try contacting the new carrier and ask them to cancel the request but not sure if much can be done of the transfer has gone through

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Whit4d19  Don’t reply YES instead reply NO to the confirmation text to port , or don’t reply at all 

Need Help? Let's chat.