cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting problem need fixing

harleylover2017
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How to fix a porting problem i thought i did it right but nope. My old account at bell is still open and it isnt fully transfered to public how to fix problem when its been about 10 days already.

8 REPLIES 8

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@harleylover2017 - are you still stuck?

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

Two ways to restart the port:

1-

If still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

2-

Or, you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@harleylover2017 

PM support send private message CS_Agent at: ask them to fix it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

(envelope icon on the top right) CS_Agent will reply you there.

@harleylover2017 

Try to see if your account is created with the SIM card number in your Profile.

If not, register the SIM but leave the Bell SIM in the phone to reply to the text from Bell.

If the SIM is showing on your account then contact a CS_Agent to complete the porting.

There is also a porting number you can call but I can’t remember it.

Other members can help with the number.

harleylover2017

Yes i still have the bell sim card

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@harleylover2017 

Do you still have your Bell SIM?

If not, contact a CS_Agent to complete the porting process for you.

Private message or create a ticket on SIMon Chatbot on this Community for help.

harleylover2017

No because i wasnt aware of this i registered the phone number then right away i switched sim cards then its been 10 days now

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@harleylover2017 , when you submitted the number port, did you ever receive a notification text on you Bell service asking if you agree to the number port?  

Need Help? Let's chat.