cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting phone number

Marci
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • When I activated my public mobile account I didn’t realize I needed to have my old carrier’s SIM card in my phone to port my old number. My old Carrier said that now public mobile must take care of it from their end. 
    I don’t know what to do???? Do I sign up all over again or will that double bill me? Please help. 
4 REPLIES 4

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Marci   You still have your old SIM? your old carrier account still active?

Do not close the old account, it will be closed when porting is completed

If you already threw away the old SIM, you need it back.  Get one from a mobile store and then change sim with the old carrier so you can get the text.  Yes, there is a cost but sorry, you threw away the sim too early

JL9
Mayor / Maire

You still have your old sim I hope and didn't discard it?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Marci   You also need to keep your previous account active in order to transfer the number.  I'll private message you the Telus porting # and they will be able send another request to your previous carrier (if active) for porting so make sure you have that SIM in your phone to respond with a yes.

Check your message box top right for the Telus number.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

NO, do not sign up again! You already have PM account. Keep both account active until porting is completed.

PM has to re-trigger porting. Call number I sent you and ask them to re-send porting request to your old provider.

KEEP old SIM in your phone and reply Yes within 90 minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.