cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting over number

UmarS203
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can’t seem to find where to port over my old number to a new SIM card here! 

14 REPLIES 14

UmarS203

Sounds great thank you both so much!!! @Handy1 @softech 

@UmarS203  Sure sounds like it . You. Can also test it by calling a friend and see that your old number shows up on there phone for verification 

UmarS203

@softech @Handy1 So, I paid and put in my phone number and now it shows my current phone number in the My Phone Number section, does that mean that it worked and I should put in the new SIM card now? 

@Handy1  thanks for confirming

I don't know, either way is fine , i guess 🙂

@softech  Yes . And I have before . But with issues that come up I find it’s best to pick temp number . Make sure services are working first then port the number . Extra step but safest step in my opinion 

@Handy1 wrote:

, pick a temp number . Then log in and transfer your number from old provider 

@Handy1  you can still directly choose to port, right?

UmarS203

@Handy1 thanks for the help! 

UmarS203

@softech oh okay, sounds good thanks 

@UmarS203  If you’re just signing up first time . Review and pay for plan first , pick a temp number . Then log in and transfer your number from old provider 

@UmarS203 wrote:

@softech @Handy1 do I review and pay for the plan first or I can do that after?

@UmarS203  you are not existing customer and  you are activating new account ?

if that is the case, the number porting step will be AFTER the Review and Pay  in the Subscription (Activation) process

UmarS203

@softech @Handy1 do I review and pay for the plan first or I can do that after?

UmarS203

Hey! Thanks! Just got a new SIM card from Public, so just confused if that would work for that too 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@UmarS203  looks under the first red circle in pic transfer number tap it . And only give your old providers account number . Disregard the IMEI number it’s not needed and often causes hiccups 

Change # on profile tabs

Handy1_0-1687225167568.jpeg

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@UmarS203   you are existing customers, you got a new sim card and you want to tie your phone number to this new sim card?

Login to My Account using ONLY a Computer (desktop or laptop but NOT mobile deivce), go to Profile page, click on the pencil besides the sim number and follow the steps:

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/change-sim-numberhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/change-sim-number

Need Help? Let's chat.