cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting over landline

Juji13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I just port over my landline and it cancelled my current internet and landline phone. Is there a way of putting a pause on the port over so I can wait till the new internet provider sends out a new modem? 

10 REPLIES 10

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Juji13 

The number transfer a landline number, the process can take up to 3 business days. You may experience mixed service during this process until the transfer is complete. When your number transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation text message.

If you don’t want to wait, you can select a new number when activating, and transfer your old number later.If you’ve waited more than 2 hours, and you’re still experiencing issues, you should contact our Customer Support Agents. Since you’re new to Public Mobile, this will be a 2-step process:

• First, create a Community account here by selecting ‘Sign In’, then ‘New User? Register here.”
  • Then, start a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon to submit a ticket to our Customer Support Agents by clicking here.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

I just was in some old files. When I ported my voip number to PM, the form PM gave me to fill out asked:

What do you want to do with your TV or internet associated with this number?

Do they still have that form for a Wireline Number Transfer?? (port).

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

But I guess there might be a rinky dinky cheapo service that can do it all with one line. And if was a third party reseller using a telco line......it was some one reselling Telus? Like Light Speed or Primus or? 

On Telus Internet the phone numbers used are NOT ones that you make calls with. Ie I have Telus 75 speed and “if” I still had a land line I would have 3 phone numbers.....1 for landline and 2 for internet.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Internet and 'land line' even it is a voip should be independent.

You ported 'land line'. It should not affect your Internet. You should discuss this with your provider. Unless it is all-in-one box where all services are tied up together - all-or-nothing???

You might not get a request confirmation from the land line provider. The OP needs to verify the process. When I moved from voip to PM, the process was to email them and created a ticket to let them know. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Juji13 wrote:

Hi I just port over my landline and it cancelled my current internet and landline phone.

Who was your provider?

Years ago I ported my Telus land line to voip......the internet and TV remained as expected.

Is there a way of putting a pause on the port over so I can wait till the new internet provider sends out a new modem? 

I don’t think you need a new modem. But in further reading perhaps need a new phone line...not modem. 

Also usually a port out of a landline can take many many days to complete. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Juji13 was the porting already completed?  so the number is with PM  now?

if the port is not completed yet, you can call your current internet provider , the one who has the phone number, to "decline" the porting request from PM.   You can re-request porting by contacting PM porting team when you are ready.  

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Juji13 hi I would think you would have to call your old provider to discuss that 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If this was one of those services with one box having internet and a wired phone then I think you'll need to talk to the internet provider to reinstate the internet by attaching a new phone number to the account. You may end up paying more and you can tell them you don't need the phone part but the account still wants a phone number attached.

Need Help? Let's chat.