cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out from Public Mobile - PM won't manually release

anon7114
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Freedom Mobile (new provider) has attempted 5 times to port out my number. I received a text the first time responded 'yes' received an error message from FM saying the account number was incorrect. Logged into my PM account, got the account number gave it to FM, and we've now tried 5 times to port out getting an error (account number) each time where i never get the text to respond 'yes' to. between the 4th and 5th times i contact PM to ask them to manually release the account and was ignored, the rep indicated there are no blocks on the PM side but that the account information is incorrect and to give FM the correct number. I've double-checked the account number (it's correct) and FM is definitely positively accurately inputting the correct account number as i've had them read back to me all the info they're entering when making the port request. everything is accurate. i've asked PM to manually release the account again and it's been several hours now. Feels like i'm being ignored. Of course you can't actually talk to anyone on the phone at PM so feels like I'm trapped in porting purgatory. I can't understand why PM won't just manually release the number now since I'm contacting them through their own eversafe portal to make the request and they know what I'm trying to do. Is this the new retention plan?

7 REPLIES 7

anon7114

Update: using my PM account number and putting Koodo as the noted carrier seemed to work. Don't ask me why. Anyway after that combo was used in the port out request i received the text, answered Yes and the port went thru later last night. If you're having the same problem get whoever is porting your number out to try 'Koodo" or 'Telus' if noting 'Public Mobile' fails. Hopefully one of the combos work. Thanks everyone, take care.

hi @Frannybear1 did you get the port out authorization text from PM ? if you just not getting the text from PM , then it is a different problem.  Is your PM account active?  Call Freedom and ask them to re-request the porting 

Frannybear1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having this problem too, trying to move to Freedom Mobile.  

Joe_G
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@anon7114 

Had you previously ported from Koodo to PM?

anon7114

The first time the request went through i got a text immediately from Koodo instead of Public Mobile. Weird right? So on a hunch while I'm waiting to hear back from PM i just contacted FM again to try one more time. I asked them to put Koodo as the carrier and use my PM account number with the port out request this time and i got a text immediately again and responded yes. So bizarre. I have a Public Mobile SIM in my phone, i have a PM account i'm logged into right now and yet the only time i actually get the port out texts sent to me is if FM puts Koodo as the carrier in the port out request. We'll see if it worked this time.  Thanks for all the replies, appreciate your efforts everyone.

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

the agent might be correct that PM not block the port, but there must be technical issue blocking it.  Ask them to escalate

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @anon7114 

from what I know, PM won't purposely hold a porting request

since you could reply Yes earlier, I assume the account was active and is still active.  So, ask support agent what was wrong

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Need Help? Let's chat.