cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number from chatr

Shadi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I just port my number from chatr last night.
my chatr sim card still works fine. I can call or use data from public mobile but I can't receive any call on public mobile because it goes to my chatr device. Now I have one number in two devices. What is the problem?
34 REPLIES 34

lqu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @Shadi, did u receive any text confirming the porting is successful or not.  My friend has an issue when porting from ChatR that the porting was not successful (only PIN was provided during the SIM activation).  My friend needs to email to Public Mobile, on the home screen, click "Get Help", 'Contact Us" "SIM and Activation", please remember to fill in the ChatR account number, your phone IMEI and also PIN, Public Mobile needs to have all the information for the porting.  They will respond 24 to 48 hours during business days, and my friend get the porting issue resolved after 3 days.

Bigmac
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

One more thing - what I did is after you think the process is completed, please call Chatr CS to double check. Just make sure everything is done. 🙂

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @Shadi, welcome to public mobile!  

What you are experiencing is normal during the porting process.  It can take a few hours sometimes.  

I suggest you use the chatr sim for now, it will stop working when your port to PM is complete. Then you can start using your PM sim. 

Post here if there are any questions or problems.  

fperron
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In first, welcome to public mobile. Your number can be take 24-48 hours to be transferred. You have to wait couples hours more for your inbound call works with public mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.