cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number from Koodo to Public Mobile

MysticDeth
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I set up my account and, activated my sim and also went through the steps to port my number and my number has still not been ported  It has been over an hour!

10 REPLIES 10

MysticDeth

I am hearing it can take a couple of days. I contacted them yesterday at 2pm and still no answer . I woke up this morning to a nice surprise, no service with Koodo, but I also have no service with Public Mobile.  I hope to have it up and running by today or else I will be forced to go elsewhere

Ace
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I converted to PM from Koodo prepaid yesterday, I got a new number since I couldn't port my number at the time of activation, I messaged the moderator team to have my number ported but no answer until now, anyone know how long it takes to get an answer from them?

Is there a way to get this issue resolved sooner?

Thanks

MysticDeth

I also just popped my Koodo sim into my Essential Phone and I had service with Koodo.  The port hasnt been successful even though I did exactly what i was supposed to do at sign up

MysticDeth

hi, I see an Active Plan in my Self Serve Portal and my Credit Card has been charged.  I have the Essential Phone PH1 and it was compatible with the Koodo network so it should be compatible with PM.  I even checked the compatibility with the PM Network at sign up and it said it should be compatible.  Still no service after hours. Not sure what the issue could be.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MysticDeth- Even if there is a problem with your number port, you should still be able to send outgoing texts and make outgoing calls.  Do you see an active plan in your self serve portal?  BTW, what model phone do you have? Are you sure it is compatible with Public mobile network?

Edit:  Missed the part about connecting to Telus network...  You should have at least some sort of compatibility with the PM network.

MysticDeth

Would soneone be able to look into it for me?  when i put in the PM Sim card, Telus shows as my provider but there is no service and I can't make or receive calls and send/receive  text messages  Its been hours since I ported my number through the website 

MysticDeth

It is post paid.  I tried logging into my Koodo account and my username/password  was not recognized so the port has been successful but I still dont have service, even after a reboot

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MysticDeth wrote:

I set up my account and, activated my sim and also went through the steps to port my number and my number has still not been ported  It has been over an hour!

@MysticDeth

Give it more time...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@MysticDeth, are you porting from Koodo post paid or prepaid?  Prepaid port requires moderator team to do it.  If it's a post paid port, it should complete in about a minute.  Just need to reboot the phone.  Try using the old service to confirm successful port. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Cell numbers can take up 2 hours sometimes a little longer. You should be able to use your old sim while the port completes.

If longer than 4 hours you might have a stuck port. And will need to message mods with your porting details old  account number and name exactly as on account.

Need Help? Let's chat.