Porting my number

halongbaygirl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed onto Public 2hours ago.  Phone still attached to old provider

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@halongbaygirl 

Did you leave your old SIM in the phone and wait for a text to confirm with YES you are porting over to PM?

Then power off the phone and swap the SIM.

Did you get as far as step 4 in activating the PM SIM?

You will need to contact a moderator by clicking on the SIMon Chat button and ask to contact a moderator or a human. You can also contact a moderator by clicking the envelope icon on this Community page and message a moderator.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@halongbaygirl wrote:

@halongbaygirl 

Do a Reset of your Network Settings with your Public Mobile SIM card in your phone. Then reboot.

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@halongbaygirl wrote:

@halongbaygirl 

Did you leave your OLD SIM card in your device to wait for the port authorization to enable the port to Public Mobile to proceed?

If so, reboot, toggle airplane mode off/on, reset network connections, and try removing and replacing the Public Mobile SIM card.

If not, try contacting the Porting team for assistance.  I'll private message you the number.

Alternatively, you could try to contact Public Mobile to re-initiate the port, click here: https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

What carrier are you moving away from?

Need Help? Let's chat.