cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issue

Amriz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ported in a new number. The old number is not working anymore and the new number cannot receive any calls or texts. Please fix ASAP. 

7 REPLIES 7

GhostWorld514

Thanks! The port just got completed. There was a problem with the information provided to my old service provider. Appreciate you taking the time to answer. Very much appreciated.

Amriz

Give it a few hours. My porting took less than a day but unfortunately PM did not inform me when the porting was going to take place and my phone was disconnected for half the day with NO incoming calls/texts. Outgoing texts were working fine partially. Next morning I had a msg from PM that the porting was successfully completed and the number was live. 

GhostWorld514

I ported my phone number from Chatr to Public Mobile. I received the welcome text message and also my pin confirmation text. I can make phone calls and my ported phone number comes up on call display. But I do not receive text message, Incoming calls neither can I send any text messages. I restarted my phone, took out sim. Please help! 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Amriz,

thank you for the update !

To clarify and reassure you, wireless ports take about 20 minutes to 2 hours to complete whereas landline ports take up to 3 business days. This however, could change depending on your old service provider and how long it takes for them to answer to the port request.

Nevertheless, I'm really glad to hear that it has been completed 🙂

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Amriz

None of the suggested solutions worked however I received a message this morning that the transfer was completed. 

It would’ve been nice if public mobile had informed me about this process and downtime prior to porting so I could have had an alternative to being disconnected. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Sounds as though you've hit a glitch. If your old SIM does not work at all, then you should click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, SIM card #, and an explanation. Otherwise give it a few hours.

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@Amriz Sorry to hear about your trouble. 

Sometimes, it takes time for the port in to get completed. 

Just to check a couple of things:

- is your phone unlocked?

- are you getting public mobile signal on your cell?

- have you check your phone compatibility with PM?

- have you tried turning off your phone, remove SIM card, reinsert SIM card and restart the phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.