cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issue... halfway done

Cjacinto
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I subscribe to public mobile on Friday and as I wanted to check out the service I didn't Port my number in right away. On Monday I started the porting process for my number over from Zoomer Wireless. I got a message that there was an issue and that somebody would contact me, but I never heard anything back. The Tuesday morning I got the same message again and never heard anything back. At the end of the day on Tuesday I logged into my account and saw that my number had been moved over. Never got a confirmation for acceptance from Zoomer Wireless. The strange thing is that both the Zoomer account and public mobile account can call out using the same number. Who should I contact to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4

Cjacinto
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The issue turned out to be zoomer not public. Got the number for the porting team and they resubmitted the request. Got done fairly quickly after that. Zoomer did not send out a confirmation text though. 

Newton99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm also from Zoomer and gonna activate PM card later. Let me know if you go smoothly. Good luck!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Cjacinto 

see the little envelop icon top right side of the page...I just sent you a message with a number you can call to re-start/complete the port.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Cjacinto 

it is normal that both Zoomer and PM sim can call out using the same number before the port is done.  If port is completed, your Zoomer sim will not be working

don't wait for them to contact you, call them.  There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.