cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting in issue

Gigi1339
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am ported into Public via eSIM. When i sign in on Public app, i can see my data and messages usage, so I know my number did indeed transfer. But usually, upon successful port-in, service at the previous carrier terminates. My plan at previous provider didnt, in fact, as I'm writing this, I'm still on previous carrier network and have an option to switch back and forth between two providers by selecting primary SIM. I contacted previous provider but they advised me that Public has to request port-in of my number again. I used Chat Help, and was advised to submit a ticket. 2 hours ago, I received a call from Public saying they weren't able to complete my number transfer, but I was working, missed the call, and I received the voice-mail. When I called the number left in the message, the automatic voice machine wanted my number but since my number is not yet transferred, it didn't recognize my number so I am not able to move past this.

1 REPLY 1

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Gigi1339 

your old carrier's account still active is an indication the number was not ported in yet.  

there is a porting team you can call to confirm porting status.  i will message you the phone number.  Check your Community inbox

Need Help? Let's chat.