cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting in a number from Nova Scotia

ez2dance2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, a simple question really that I could not find an answer to.... Can port in my 902 area code number to Public without having to change into another number? Thank you in advance... Great prices....

13 REPLIES 13

GRR

@ez2dance2 you can ask someone from this post to send you one in a private message  because you can't share them in the community.  Once you get one and set up your account then you can use your own from your first account to set up your second account! 

ez2dance2

Thanks GRR - not near Yarmouth though, where does one get the referral code for $10 off

ez2dance2

thanks folks for the information! Great community

Hi @ez2dance2 

the Koodo checks confirmed both can come to PM 🙂

@ez2dance2 wrote:

Hi again, there're actually 2 numbers with Rogers - they are 902-488-xxxx and 902-292-xxxx - hope they both could come to PM

@ez2dance2 just checked for you , both  902-488-xxxx and 902-292-xxxx can be ported into PM

ez2dance2

Hi again, there're actually 2 numbers with Rogers - they are 902-488-xxxx and 902-292-xxxx - hope they both could come to PM

ez2dance2

Hi wet coaster its a 902-452-xxxx number

GRR

@ez2dance2  if you need a sim card quickly and are around Yarmouth ns I can get 1 to you!   Don't forget to use a referral code when you activate to get a 10$  credit. Good luck and welcome to public Mobile! 

@ez2dance2 wrote:

the link you offered said it can be moved to Koodo mobile - what does this mean?

@ez2dance2 then it can port into PM (both Koodo and PM uses Telus system)

So, get your Rogers account number, make sure the account is active.  Then get a physical Public Mobile physical sim card from Telus or Koodo start and download Public Mobile app to start the activation.  Part 5 of the activation will give you a chance to rquest porting in phone number, just enter the Rogers account number and your phone number

ez2dance2

the link you offered said it can be moved to Koodo mobile - what does this mean?

ez2dance2

Hi softech - I am with Rogers and have been for many years if that helps

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

What's the second 3 number block? 902-xxx-yyyy? If the Telus group has an exchange in your area, the number can be ported. If there's no native Telus service you have to take a new number with an exchange from a nearby town that does have Telus numbers.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

HI @ez2dance2 

902 is possible, but it really depends on the number, check here (it is a Koodo site but PM/Koodo both uses Telus system)

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/checkSingle.do

Need Help? Let's chat.