cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting in 2 numbers from Rogers

Duckyyy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I'm looking to port in 2 numbers, a primary and secondary.

I understand I'll need 2 accounts.

Should I port in the secondary line first?  Or the primary?  Does it matter?  

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Duckyyy 

Yes you will need 2 separate accounts with 2 different email address. If you have individual email, use them so you won't be confused with each accounts.

I would recommend you port out the secondary line first, once the porting is completed then port the primary line. Keep the old SIM in your secondary phone (and primary phone) to reply to the text with YES confirming you are porting over to PM (there is a 90 minute window to reply or porting will be cancelled). Porting will take about 2 hours to complete on the secondary line but you can continue to the old SIM in your phones once porting is completed. 

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Duckyyy 

You are correct, you will need to make two PM accounts.

I would recommend doing both 100% through the app on each separate device, select the plan you want in the app and sign up for a new account during that process. 

You should port the secondary number first as there have been cases of accounts being closed if you port the primary number away first, which would prevent the second number from being eligible to port. Leave the Roger’s SIM in both phones to answer the text to authorize the port and only remove them once you lose signal on them. 

Find yourself a referral code for the first account and then use your own referral code for the second account. That way both accounts will get $10 credit (this appears within 72 hours) and your main account will get 1 point for every month the second account is subscribed.

GRR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Duckyyy  when I went from bell to public with all my numbers I saved the primary one for last and didn't have any problems!  Leave the Rogers Sim card in the phone until you get the port out text and reply YES,   then you can remove the Rogers Sim card and put the public mobile Sim or esim.  Don't forget to use a refferal code on your fist activation to get the 10$ credit.  Then you can use your own refferal code on the second account! If you have any trouble I'm sure someone on the community here will have a helpful solution! 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I recommend the secondary out first.

Need Help? Let's chat.