cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from voip.ms over existing PM number?

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I got a friend to move to PM from Bell Mobility, and they decided to port their Bell number to my voip.ms account (forwarded back to their PM). It's working well AFAIK but they've decided they want their old Bell number on their PM line. We're logged into their PM account and chose "change my number" > transfer existing wireless or wireline.

The form looks straightforward enough, but in another thread one of the oracles said:

- Your voip.ms service must be active before you can port any number form.

- You need to provide the account number, name on the account and the number to be ported out.

and I'm not seeing anywhere PM asks for the voip.ms account number. I'm also confused that they ask for billing name and address, then ask for name on old account. Does that mean "billing name and address" is my friend's current PM info? Or my current voip.ms info? And do I give PM my voip.ms password? Screen capture here https://www.screencast.com/t/eeayu0CwS 

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks. I know you have to keep SIM in to port out of mobile (that's how we got from Bell to voip.ms). I would think a carrier offering landline service would have to have a different system of authorization in place, whether it's voip.ms or Bell Home Phone. I was expecting a message of some kind from voip.ms, requiring an action when logged in to their portal.

Need Help? Let's chat.