cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Rogers

Cagui
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, last week I ported from Rogers. I got the 'Welcome to Public Mobile" text message, and texted YES when Rogers asked to transfer my number. I thought this would finalize the transfer, but I called Rogers today and they told me my line was still active? However I have made calls with only my PM sim on, and it is indeed showing my ported number. I am still able to make calls with only my Rogers sim on, but it shows up as "No called ID".

I assumed services were automatically canceled when the number gets ported, but would I have to manually call Rogers and cancel service with them since I'm confused what's going on?

If it is important, I was only a Rogers customer for a very short period of time as I migrated from Shaw 2 months ago.

4 REPLIES 4

minecraft
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Log into your online Rogers account and see if the wireless service is still listed and if there is a "cancelled" label beside your account number. Typically, the wireless service has been removed from your Rogers online account and a "cancelled" label has shown up beside your account number.

Do a few experiments on your Public Mobile (PM) phone. Make calls AND receive calls on your PM phone. Browse websites on your PM phone. If everything is working as expected, concerns can be alleviated. Call Rogers to confirm what happened.

Karushifa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Might need to message to CS_Agents 

Sony16
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi, your Rogers service should have canceled right away when your number was ported. You might have to open a ticket with PM again to get this resolved.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Cagui 

Take a look in the top right corner. I'll send you a number to call to help with the porting.

Need Help? Let's chat.