cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Koodo- stuck at step 6 and failed to activate

KyleJulius
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

I signed up for Public Mobile through the app, and I’m porting my Koodo number (not prepaid Koodo). I used the Koodo sim IMEI and on step 6, I got an error saying it failed to activate. I cannot go in further. 

I did not get a welcome email with an eSim activation QR code (no welcome email was sent). 

I created a ticket, but thought I’d ask here in case there’s something I can try. 

The eSim did not activate, and I do not see the PM in the carrier settings.

thanks all, 

@CarrieHrynow 

12 REPLIES 12

HI @KyleJulius 

all good

KyleJulius

They did not send a welcome email - after opening the ticket they sent it. 

KyleJulius

Thanks All- they sent the welcome email with the QR code for the eSim and everything Is working now. Not sure why they didn’t send the welcome email to begin with- must have been a glitch 

ChaosScorp

Yea I think my old user was tied to an old expired email. Same phone number but odd it didn't recognize. Name was probably something similar to current. 

ChaosScorp

Already ported with the free sim card I had. 

Never got QR code email. Support on weekend just said it's my fault esim not compatible. Bad rep he was... 

Monday reps were awesome. 😀

Now to the OP issue, @KyleJulius has @CS_Agent reached out to you yet? If not I'd send another message 

@ChaosScorp- Me neither. But we don't know that of you other than maybe closely observing your screenshot. Welcome back whoever you were. 🙂

HI @ChaosScorp 

oh S20+  Do you get a Welcome email?. there is a QR code there, try to scan it

and if no QR code, reply agent and ask them to escalate.  There is no compatibility issue with eSIM. As long as your phone has eSIM, it will work

ChaosScorp

Samsung S20+, specs say esim compatible.

Don't assume iPhone... I will never be iPhone. Ever. I love my fully customizable phone. 

HI @ChaosScorp 

What iPhone model is that.  if your iPhone has eSIM, it should be compatible

ChaosScorp

Agents are taking care of me now how I remember the service to be. 😁

Guess just an overworked over tired weekend guy. Really do need to add more folk when a good new plan appears for new subscribers. Most don't understand using chat for support. 

ChaosScorp

And to the smart butts out there that say click the back button you get this:

Screenshot_20230828_055110_Public Mobile.jpg

ChaosScorp

Hey @MetaMorpheusMob 

The problem with the how to guides is they are setup for existing users. For us new subscribers we have NO options in the app but contact support. 

I subscribed on mobile browser, checked out new plan, registered with my IMEI number which confirmed my phone is esim compatible, then got email that my subscription is now active. It then tells us from the email to install app and continue activating in the app. So now I am downloading app, log-in, follow steps  and then the esim does not get installed and we get this:

Screenshot_20230828_053138_Public Mobile.jpg

The response I got from an agent after sending 2 tickets was it's my faulty my phone is not esim compatible... That was a poor support answer. PM system checked my IMEI number and said it was esim compatible. His only response was to buy a sim card. 

If that's what's needed because PM system is broken fine. Guess what support I have a regular SIM card (got a few months back when PM was sending for free). No instructions given how to use this sim with the new plan. Very bad communication (just have to call it out as I know I am not alone on this. Rollouts of good new plans should have extra support teams, that agent probably getting annoyed with all the esim tickets, but left a sour taste in consumer interaction). @CS_Agent 

Context: I was a top commenter a many years back for many years before many of us got ported on the Koodo plan and knew my way around PM I was always top 1% or top5% month after month (no time now with little kids), so I know how to navigate this place. Support was great back then. If they didn't make it feel like they were getting rid of PM and were porting all of us to Koodo I would have stayed PM. I liked the community back then so trying it again. Hope my messages with agents are better this week otherwise I'll be disappointed.

Need Help? Let's chat.