cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting complete but SIM cannot connect to network

sieffre
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I've just ported my number from Call Centric (a VoIP provider). A representative from Public Mobile called to confirm the company name and advise that the port would complete on Wednesday (today is Friday).

On Wednesday, as expected, I received a notification from Call Centric that the port was complete, and a type of welcome email from Public Mobile.

However, even after testing the SIM card on multiple phones, resetting the network on those phones, restarting those phones, the SIM card does not seem to want to connect to a network.

Could someone assist?

7 REPLIES 7

@sieffre wrote:

@computergeek541 , I think the provisioning issue might go deeper. Having gone through the tool, I cannot verify using the 2 standard methods (account credentials, communicty credentials, typing transaction details). The bot has suggested to send a private message.

@sieffre 

edit try this one first before the Private Message:

1 -

If still issues, submit a ticket for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

2 -

Then try this one if above fails:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

sieffre

@esjliv , the account status shows as "active"

sieffre

@computergeek541 , I think the provisioning issue might go deeper. Having gone through the tool, I cannot verify using the 2 standard methods (account credentials, communicty credentials, typing transaction details). The bot has suggested to send a private message.

@sieffre - and your account status in your self serve says...what?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Or, call 611 from your device (if it works..) or call # 1-855-478-2542 from another line to check your account status.

sieffre

Hi @esjliv, nothing has worked. I've texted and called to no avail. When calling I get a "Not registered on network." error.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sieffre  - Have you had any working services on the SIM card? Usually texting and outgoing calls should work very soon after activation, but you have had nothing?

When you log into your self serve account, is your account status Active?

@sieffre wrote:

Hello,

I've just ported my number from Call Centric (a VoIP provider). A representative from Public Mobile called to confirm the company name and advise that the port would complete on Wednesday (today is Friday).

On Wednesday, as expected, I received a notification from Call Centric that the port was complete, and a type of welcome email from Public Mobile.

However, even after testing the SIM card on multiple phones, resetting the network on those phones, restarting those phones, the SIM card does not seem to want to connect to a network.

Could someone assist?

I suspect that this is an account provisioning issue. You should have beren able to connect to the mobile network even a few days ago.  To get that fixed, you'll need to open a ticket to a CSA customer support agent.  That's done by going to: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.