cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a public mobile number to a new public mobile SIM

Gabrielleblake
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got a new SIM and plan with public and I'm trying to change my new number back to my old number with this new plan, but everytime I try it's says "We are experiencing in this process". I really need my old number back since I've used it for everything.

10 REPLIES 10

Gabrielleblake
Hey @srlawren I created a new account because my old plan doesn't exist anymore, and my mom wanted it so we switch SIM cards (hers was a new SIM card) so I had to make a new account.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Gabrielleblake further to my last question, if this is the case, why did you create a new account instead of just changing the plan on your old one?  I'm just curious, as this isn't something we see people do very often.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@Gabrielleblake is @Luddite correct that you are trying to port a phone number from one Public Mobile account to another?  Unfortunately, that doesn't work, at any provider. There was never provision for this built into the porting system when it was implemented a few years ago.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Gabrielleblake

I have received the info in private, it shouldn't take too long before I reply back to you. 

Please watch out for my reply, I might need additional info from you. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Exactly. Customers cannot transfer numbers between accounts with the same provider.

Shazia has likely left for the day. If she is not on board tomorrow @Mary_M will pick it up.

Keep your fingers crossed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Gabrielleblake

Hey @Luddite , the issue is that i didn't do that i just created a new account,  now I'm try to get my old number back and it wont let me transfer it. I sent my information to @Shazia_K so hopefully she'll reply soon.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Gabrielleblake wrote:

I got a new SIM and plan with public and I'm trying to change my new number back to my old number with this new plan, but everytime I try it's says "We are experiencing in this process". I really need my old number back since I've used it for everything.

If you get a new sim the procedure is to log into your current self serve account and select Change SIM. Once you enter the new sim number your plan, phone number, and account transfer to the new sim; log out and wait for service to begin with the new sim. After that log back into your account and select Change Plan, follow the prompts to pay for and activate the new plan. All done without waiting for a moderator. Smiley Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Gabrielleblake

I'm sorry about this, 

Please do not post private info, this is a public forum accessible to everyone.

Can you please send me this info in private? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

imm1304

Hi @Gabrielleblake!

Please edit your post to remove your phone numbers.  This is a public forum.  All personal information should be provided to the PM staff via private messages.

Lets alert one of the moderators @Shazia_K or @Mary_M to look into what can be done to help you.  

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

First of all, please don't post your number. Please edit that. Second, is your old number still existing? If not, I'm not quite sure if you can still get the old number. Maybe our community staff can help us with this? @Shazia_K @Mary_M

Need Help? Let's chat.