Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a number from PM to PM

arabena
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
7 REPLIES 7

@geopublic wrote:

@arabena  Best to submit a ticket to the Public Mobile team include the link and also specify what exactly do you want to do. Doesn't hurt to ask. Please keep us updated.

Moderators have been instructed to not fulfill this request.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@arabena  Best to submit a ticket to the Public Mobile team include the link and also specify what exactly do you want to do. Doesn't hurt to ask. Please keep us updated.

@popping wrote:

@arabena 

Porting number between accounts within a phone provider is not possible in Canada.  It is not just PM does not allow it.  All Canadian providers do not allow this practice.

I would say that it really isn't a mater of it not being possible. Carriers can do it if they choose, but they don't want to. Rules have been set up forbidding this action, and those rules are imposed by the carriers.

Set up an account with VoIP.ms for a few bucks...I think they are offering free porting. Then port back. But don’t forget you will lose all rewards and porting from a VoIP Account may take a week. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@arabena 

Porting number between accounts within a phone provider is not possible in Canada.  It is not just PM does not allow it.  All Canadian providers do not allow this practice.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@arabena 

@computergeek541 is correct, we are told over and over that this is not an option and my family member was refused when they asked moderators.

A great option is to port beloved number to fongo. You can forward it anywhere or use it with app, you can also receive sms on it. It was cost you one time $25 not then it's yours forever and you can use it potentially anywhere in the world with access to data or wifi.

And just keep your beloved account with not so liked number but better referrals and loyalty, or even change the number to a prettier one in Alberta to save on taxes

@arabena wrote:

I want to confirm if this method is still valid:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Porting-a-number-from-PM-to-PM/m-p/163972#...

No, sorry... Public Mobile will not do this.

Need Help? Let's chat.