cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a number from Lucky Mobile

jproch58
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I made an account for my niece with a new number on Public Mobile in early September to get the 2 gig bonus.

This evening October 21 I went on the account and ported her Lucky Mobile number over as a changing of number. Now her number is transferred and works with the PB sim but she cannot text. I told her to restart her phone still the same problem.

6 REPLIES 6

jproch58

I bought her a new Motorola Moto G Fast from Costco in January 2020. I know she was looking for a used Iphone not sure if she did get one. Maybe told by friends that Iphones are the best. I'll ask her if she got an Iphone and suggest she do that if it happens again. I don't have a preference just wany a phone that works. Never had an Iphone have thought of trying them out.

@hairbag1 wrote:

Porting can be persnickity sometimes. As long as it's working now, then all's well.

If she should have continued port related problems...just come back here and someone will provide guidance.

An failed number port wouldn't prevent outgoing text messages.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Porting can be persnickity sometimes. As long as it's working now, then all's well.

If she should have continued port related problems...just come back here and someone will provide guidance.

@jproch58 

Ok then, that's probably fixed then.

jproch58

I just texted her now and it works maybe it took a while, she could call at first but not text. Hope the texts work with all her contacts

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@jproch58 

If she's using an iphone, she may have to turn off the iMessage feature on the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.