cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Issues: No Incoming Calls

steve25
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Today I ported my number over from Freedom to Public Mobile.  Everything seemed to be working fine except I am unable to receive any phone calls--all incoming phone calls go straight to voice mail. 

I believe this might have been because the porting process did not fully complete (i.e. forgot to confirm message on Freedom SIM Card during porting).  I noticed this after the 90 minute period expired and no transfer request is showing anymore.  

Any help with resubmitting a new porting request is greatly appreciated.  

3 REPLIES 3

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Number ports can be complete within minutes or hours. You might be able to start using your phone for local calls almost immediately.

But it can take some time, usually a few business days, for all the networks to sync up with the latest updated information. Callers from other networks (in other areas) may not be able to connect.

Use the original SIM card from the old provider until it stops working. Then switch to the new SIM card from the new provider, restart the device, and things should work properly. After a few days at most.

Number ports used to take a while, the CRTC allowed a maximum of 10 days for the process. Up to 30 days in certain remote areas. The process has been improved a lot over recent years, but it still takes time.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@steve25 

Just contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process for you but keep the Freedom SIM in your phone…it should still work until porting is completed.

Just type in Submit a Ticket on SIMon Chatbot on bottom of page or private message on the envelope icon above.

They will get back to you tomorrow as they hours are 6:00am to 10:00pm EST. They will private message you back tomorrow.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@steve25 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls, wok  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them tomorrow morning and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.