cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Issue

Yash1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have shifted over from Fido to Public few days back. I replaced my old sim with new Public SIM. I did not know that I need to wait for porting authorization call. Now I am not recieving any call nor text.

7 REPLIES 7

orthomom25
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same issue - I didn't wait for the port authorization text from Rogers. How can I fix this?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

I understood that services possibly worked on OP's PM SIM initially, then services stopped due to porting not authorized to complete, or Fido account was closed before porting over.

Perhaps that is not the case and there was no services at all.

But yes, I hear what you are saying @Luddite .

What would prompt PM to assign a different number to a new activation that involved a porting request through the activation process? I thought I recalled cases like this, but I could be mistaken.

@esjliv  RE: "I would think if the port failed from Fido to PM that a temporary number would be provided at some point, so that you have working services."

When a port-in is requested during activation PM immediately assigns that number to the account so that outgoing calls, text, and data function. If PM services do not work at all then SIM provisioning failed and the CSAs must fix that before the port-in is re-initiated.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Yash1 wrote:

I have shifted over from Fido to Public few days back. I replaced my old sim with new Public SIM. I did not know that I need to wait for porting authorization call. Now I am not recieving any call nor text.

@Yash1  - so you had services and now you have none?

When you call 611 or log into your Self Serve account what does your status say? 

I would think if the port failed from Fido to PM that a temporary number would be provided at some point, so that you have working services.

Is it possible your Fido account was closed before the porting to PM was completed?

You Fido account must be Active to port over.

If issues porting or transferring a number to Public Mobile, submit a ticket here for help: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Yash1   Yes, you need to wait for the porting authorization TEXT from FIDO on your Fido SIM and you need to reply YES within 90 mins

No worry, there is a number to call and you can talk to live person.  I will message you the number.  Please check your Community inbox here, envelope icon on the top right

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Yash1 , did you authorize the number port from the Fido end?  This is necessary to complete the number port.  See help article on the number porting process.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

Need Help? Let's chat.