cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Issue

TTSuo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Phone number port seems to have failed from Fido, account is deactivated entirely so can't access the number, but my Public mobile account keeps sending 2FA to that number. I am unable to access my account and cancel/change my subscriptions. Need help getting all of this working, absolute headache.

8 REPLIES 8

doitright

good luck

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@TTSuo 

Thanks for the detailed explanation. It's not common but I guess Fido jumped the gun and closed your account too quickly. Welcome to Public Mobile.

TTSuo

Thank you everyone for your help, the issue was resolved.

I got in touch with Customer Support using the link provided by hairbag1 and from there an agent contacted me asking for authentication.

The issue was the phone number transfer hadn't gone through with FIDO. My service had cutoff with Fido before I could reply and accept the transfer, so I had to contact them directly, setup a bypass and then contact Public Mobile again to send another request. After getting in touch with PM Customer Service, they sent another request and the bypass automatically accepted the transfer and now my number works and I am able to receive text messages with PM. I was able to setup my Eversafe ID and access my portal. Thank you everyone for your answers and help.

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@TTSuo 

If your Fido account is deactivated and your Sim card no longer works then your port was successful. It's likely your Public Mobile sim card activation did not fully provision and link to your self serve account. As mentioned contact customer support to provision your Sim card so you can recieve the one time account verification code to access your account.

@TTSuo wrote:

Thank you, I will do that.

watch the little envelop icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when they respond to you. Give them as much info as you can...ie; ph number, Fido acct #, name on acct...etc.

@TTSuo 

Did you respond yes to the port request text from Fido?

Do you have any service with PM SIM card?  Are you able to have outgoing texts? outgoing calls?  What about incoming text or calls? data?

TTSuo

Thank you, I will do that.

Need Help? Let's chat.