cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Issue - No Incoming Calls

hereforthedeal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried to port over my old Cityfone number to Public Mobile on Friday, but I cannot recieve incoming calls. I sent an e-mail form on Friday and PM'd a mod (Mary_M) on Sunday morning with the information requeseted (old account, SIM number, IMEI)

Please help, it has been over 100 hours since this started. I wanted to avoid making a new topic, but I'm not sure if my request has been lost or what, it seems like the best idea.

@Mary_M

9 REPLIES 9

hereforthedeal

@hummuschips It is still active, I can recieve calls on it. Not sure about texts, as I seem to recieve those on my PM plan already. It is possible I made a typo, although not my knowledge, and it isn't clear why everything else works already.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hereforthedeal I'm just curious have you checked your Cityfone SIM to see if it's sitll active?  If so, that means the port obviously hasn't gone through yet.  Be aware that porting issues can be stalled by even the smallest thing when entering the information in the form.  I know of some people that had issues on Thursday that had their issue fixed late yesterday so hopefully they can get to your issue as soon as possible.

JulesTop

I agree,

It seems like in the past they were able to help within 30-60min of a post... but with this inrush, we all have to be a bit more patient than even the 24-48 hr estimate.

Hopefully there are lessons learned by the PM team on this event. They will not be able to scale up with the current system. They will definitely need a software developer to work on the databses and back end system so that exception handling is improved.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
It's up to people to post when they get a resolution, but of course they have no obligation to do so. As long as they're happy I'm happy 🙂

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
It's very sad, but definitely not the norm around here. This promo has caused some backlogs.

JulesTop

It would be nice to see where the mods stand in their backlog... have they cuaght up to Thursday... or Friday... or when...

Unfortunaly, short of them posting update, I'm not sure there is any way to know except having people post when their issues are resolved.

hereforthedeal

@Rockdaddy22 I already did that...thanks.

@Emissary I agree, it is indeed a sad situation, hopefully they will reach us in the queue soon. 

Emissary

It seems most of us with porting issues have had to wait 5+ days for a response. As someone who ported on Thursday without success, I'm hoping our issues will soon rise to the top of the queue. 

Need Help? Let's chat.