cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting 2 numbers from Fido Multi-Line Account

Burhan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am with Fido and I am the account holder with 2 lines on it (Phone # A and Phone # B). I am on Phone # A and my mom is on Phone # B.

I want to switch both numbers to Public, which way should I do it and with what information?

Am I able to port my number first (Phone # A) using my account number, my name and my phone # A

OR

Should I port my mom's number first (Phone # B) using my account number, her name and her phone # B.

Ideally, I would like to port my number first (Phone # A) because I will be away this weekend and would like to get the black Friday deal earlier since I have access to the Fido sim.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Burhan   I did this when I was not the account holder but had a second line on the account, I just gave the account number during activation (don't do IMEI, that seems to cause problems) and the transfer was seamless.  I wouldn't do the account holder first because logically that leaves your mom's line in limbo with no account holder and I imagine that could cause problems.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Burhan 

I would go with option 2 but remember that PM will require 1 account/1 email so you need to register your mother’s account with a different email address than your email for your account.

Some carrier might assign one phone number as the primary line on an account.  In those cases, the secondary phone number should be ported first to avoid potential issues.  As for porting over to Public Mobile, each phone number will need to be transfered to a sepearte Public Mobile account.

Need Help? Let's chat.