cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported out and cannot login to my account to remove payment info

u_viralraj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported out earlier today to my employer's telecom carrier. I wanted to login to my accout to remove my payment info as I am on Autopay. It appears I am unable to login nor can I reset my password to sign in. Who can help ensure my payment info is removed from the file?

7 REPLIES 7

u_viralraj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do i create a support ticket to remove payment info? 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BetaKam wrote:

I'm not talking about overpayment, if you switch carriers mid billing cycle they should give you back a portion of what you already paid, I'm not talking about public mobile I'm talking about the other carriers. 

PM is a prepaid provider.  All prepaid plans in Canada do not refund of unused days.

Only postpaid plans will refund unused days after cancellation.

BetaKam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm not talking about overpayment, if you switch carriers mid billing cycle they should give you back a portion of what you already paid, I'm not talking about public mobile I'm talking about the other carriers. 

@BetaKam wrote:

I doubt it will charge you, in fact it might reimburse you automatically if you are prepaid as you might have a negative balance. 

It should shouldn't charge, but there won't be automatic reimbursement.  There's no such thing as negative balance here. A customer service agent would need to do the refund.

How would that happen, @BetaKam ?   There are no refunds for overpayments or service credits when a customer no longer has service.

@u_viralraj , you should have no concerns with additional charges being applied to your payment card so long as your next renewal wasn't imminent (i.e. within 24 hours or so...).

If it was, check the payment card in a few days and request a refund through the customer support agents after the fact.

You should otherwise have no concerns for additional charges so long as your porting to the new provider was completed successfully. 

BetaKam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I doubt it will charge you, in fact it might reimburse you automatically if you are prepaid as you might have a negative balance. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@u_viralraj 

As soon as PM released your phone number  to your new provider.  Your account will be closed and You cannot no longer to able to login.

1.  You can create a support ticket to remove your autopay credit or debit card from your account.

2.  You can temporary disable your credit or debit card to be used before your next renewal date and enable usage at your credit/debit card online account.

Update 1:  Normally, PM server will not withdraw fund from your PM autopay after account cancellation.  But I have seen posts about PM server continue to withdraw fund autopay account.  If you have more than one credit/debit card, you can report your your card missing to request your bank to cancel your old card and reissue a new card.

Need Help? Let's chat.