cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported Number Issues

yuehsing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! Recently ported my old phone number from Fido over to Public. Things seemed to be going well, but there has now been multiple instances of either people not receiving my texts, or the vice versa of me not receiving other people's texts (this is quite the hindrance, as I have clients I need to text often!). 

I also still seem to be charged for my Fido bill, so unsure if porting my old number over to Public had actually cancelled my old plan with Fido?

3 REPLIES 3

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It looks like porting was not completed properly. Particularly as Fido is keep charging you, meaning your Fido account was not closed at is is supposed to be after porting out.

Talk to Fido first to see why they are still charging you.

It could be your PM SIM was not properly provisioned. With that PM agent should be able to help you out.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@yuehsing   So, are you getting any incoming calls on your PM SIM at all?

When you requested porting, did you remember you got a text from Fido asking you for your approval and did you reply YES within 90 mins?

How long was the porting request?  a few days?

I will message you a number to contact PM Porting team.  They will provide the porting status and will confirm what to do if it wasn't completed.  Please check your Community inbox on the top right, envelope icon

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@yuehsing 

Sounds like the porting didn’t go through.
Did you leave the Fido SIM in the phone and wait for text confirming with YES you are porting over to PM? You have 90 minutes to confirm or the port will not port over. If missed the text, you will need to contact CS_Agent by private messaging to restart the porting process on top of this page or click on Chat button and type in Create a Ticket.

Need Help? Let's chat.