cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port to another carrier, can't login to PM anymore?

ThomasY
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My wife just ports the number from PM to Koodo last Friday, but today Koodo said the porting was failed, need re-active the number on PM. But when I try to login PM, I get the error "Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again. " 

I don't want (my wife) lost the number!

Can someone help me?

7 REPLIES 7

If your Public Mobile account has been closed like this, that means that the phone number has already been released to Koodo.

While it is true that a  phone number has to be active to port out to another provider, I see the response given to you by Koodo as not being entirely helpful.  The fact is that Koodo and Public Mobile are both owned by Telus.  Public Mobile and Koodo also share a phone number porting department.  So in reality, they should be able to be solve this internally without you being sent back and forth between carriers trying to figure out what do next.  Either Koodo or Public Mobile customer service should be able to push this number port through for you.  You just have to get the different departments to talk to each other. 

alamfaha

This happened to a friend of mine as well. This is so frustrating!

As soon as you port the number, the account closes and you can't even login anymore.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hope you get your issue resolved. I imagined there would be more ppl in your position.

You are very welcome @ThomasY

ThomasY

Thansk @Mana and @will13am.

Sending message to moderator team now.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ThomasY, the account may have closed even though the port is stuck.  Please private message the moderator team and they should be able to fix it.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link. Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@ThomasY once you port out, your account with PM is closed and your access is removed.

Sounds like your port is stuck.

You may want to send a private message to @CS_Agent to have this issue resolved.

Need Help? Let's chat.