cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port stuck, anyone try credit card chargeback?

imsimon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey Everyone, 

I understand the self-serve and pre-pay business model that PM uses to keep prices low, and I try to be reasonable as my expectations as a consumer, but I'm considering calling my credit card company to do a chargeback on my 90 day fee as my port appears stuck and it looks like it will be a while until my email inquiry is responded to. 

Last night around 7pm had signed up with a placeholder number as instructed and ported my number from Koodo, pasting my account number to avoid errors. Within minutes I recieved a cancellation email from Koodo and that sim became "no service", however my PM sim remains the placeholder number.

I am thinking of calling Koodo to port back my number, and call my credit card company to charge back the PM fees. I feel that as a customer I took every reasonable effort to ensure a smooth transition, and that it is unreasonable for a phone company to take days to respond or pre-charge for a service that hasn't been initated.

Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3

Cat_L
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @imsimon,

Can you please send me the following info via private message so I can look into your port?

Username

Public Mobile Phone #

Public Mobile account #

First Name

Last Name

# they would like to Port

Old Provider Account #

Thanks!

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@imsimon so when you call someone they still see the placeholder number and when they call your ported number it's not coming to your phone?

angrypmcustomer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm already doing this right at this very moment. 

Need Help? Let's chat.