cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port request did not go through, stuck.

Ravz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I signed up for Public Mobile the first time, went out and bought a new sim card. I tried to Port my number from Rogers iPad line (which as per Rogers should have been fine to get the number).

However I never got any texts, I am guessing Ipad can't receive normal texts, just iMessages. I tried to move the Rogers sim card to another phone but still no texts.

I made the port request yesterday, so naturally it expired after 90 minutes. I called Rogers and they said there's nothing further to cancel from their end regarding the Porting.

I asked Public mobile via the CS_Agent and they mentioned to reach out to rogers to cancel the request and they cannot reset the process so I can just assign me a brand new number.

Now I am stuck in limbo, paying for a service as a new customer that I cannot even use.

Help would be appreciated!

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ravz 

yes, you need to receive Rogers text to approve the port

the port text can expire after 90 mins but not the port request.  The port request will be for a month long and PM support can re-trigger the request

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.