Did you mean: 

Port out of Public Mobile

Rick22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • My eSIM has been deleted so I have no service. How can i port out my number
7 REPLIES 7

Void

I've yet to see anyone reporting back how the system actually handle free eSIM replacement.

But at least that's something in writing so whoever needs it can take a screenshot and ask CS for credit if necessary.

I also still prefer physical SIM.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@Void yes, this is excellent find! At least somebody is reading PM's Help file.

Trick question is how would PM know if your current eSIM failed and you are asking for legitimate replacement (for free) or you do have eSIM but are changing phone and requesting eSIM for that new phone?

I still prefer physical SIM; no gimmicks, no software failures, pull out, stick it into new unit and off you go.

@Void Good find!

Void

Somebody recently noticed the following paragraph from this page:

Existing eSIM users at Public Mobile who need a replacement can do so at no extra cost. When you request a new eSIM through the usual process, we automatically identify you as an existing eSIM user and waive the replacement fee. See below for steps on how to get your new eSIM.

@Rick22 I don't work for Public Mobile; this is a public forum and I am a customer, just like you. You'll have to pay to download a new esim, or purchase a physical sim card from a local Telus/Koodo store, or from Amazon.

Rick22

Can you send me a new SIM or my old one

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

You'll need to purchase a new sim before the port out can be completed, because you need to be able to respond to a text message to authorize the port. 

Need Help? Let's chat.