cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port out my number

kendrawhite
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I’m looking to out port my phone number please to Eastlink. My account number is *********************. I never received a text from you guys. How do I port out my number today?! I have followed all steps but the provider said I need to contact you now. 

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tmlongley : You don't need to do anything with the number the other member has supplied. You were relaying your experience. All good.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tmlongley 

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

tmlongley
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the exact same issue.  They had to port the number from Telus on Public Mobile. Telus actually owns your phone number.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@kendrawhite to port your old number from Eastlink, you need to:

- Activate the PM SIM card online

- Leave the Eastlink SIM in the phone and wait for a text from them and confirming you are porting your old number to PM

- Power off the phone and replace the EL SIM with the PM SIM.

- Power back on the phone and you are good to go.

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR : Nice of you to go along with an informal method. You're absolutely right about the number showing up everywhere. So I would put the onus on that department to be ruthless and basically hang up on people. But there was some effort into scrubbing the number not long ago. So to all who care...post on. It's not up to us. The number is out there anyway. So it's up to that department.

oh dear oh dear oh dear.  On another thread I questioned this posting the porting number by a number of regular members including oracles, and a "reply started with "Good on you" and now you say "Nice of you".  this is like saying "good dog!"  

"So to all who care...post on." Righto!

RosieR

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR : Nice of you to go along with an informal method. You're absolutely right about the number showing up everywhere. So I would put the onus on that department to be ruthless and basically hang up on people. But there was some effort into scrubbing the number not long ago. So to all who care...post on. It's not up to us. The number is out there anyway. So it's up to that department.

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

I guess it is ok to post the number again in the forums for everyone to see, with provision of course. 

I'm of the mind of not agreeing with this on behalf of the company. People will always try to call _somebody_ due to not wanting to deal with the stupid chatbot and waiting. I would say that the porting department should be ruthless with keeping to the scope of their purpose and telling people to come here.

I'm also thinking this is why mentions of the number have been scrubbed (though maybe not always) so that people don't see this and pounce on it and try rather than dealing with here.

@Anonymous sorry I was being sarcastic.  I see regular posters including oracles, posting this number while I send the customer a private message providing the porting team number... whatever for?  when the number is already there for everyone to see.

The other day in my frustration, I posted the number in bold letters with a warning.  It was not deleted and yesterday there where 28 posts with that number that are not being deleted.  So what's up?

RosieR

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR wrote:

I guess it is ok to post the number again in the forums for everyone to see, with provision of course. 

I'm of the mind of not agreeing with this on behalf of the company. People will always try to call _somebody_ due to not wanting to deal with the stupid chatbot and waiting. I would say that the porting department should be ruthless with keeping to the scope of their purpose and telling people to come here.

I'm also thinking this is why mentions of the number have been scrubbed (though maybe not always) so that people don't see this and pounce on it and try rather than dealing with here.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS I called that number and the Telus rep said they can also help in porting out of Public Mobile, but he could be wrong. lol  Also, my call was answered right away, so the number is no longer bombarded by all kinds of calls.  I guess it is ok to post the number again in the forums for everyone to see, with provision of course. 

RosieR

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kendrawhite wrote:

Hi,

I’m looking to out port my phone number please to Eastlink. My account number is *********************. I never received a text from you guys. How do I port out my number today?! I have followed all steps but the provider said I need to contact you now. 

@kendrawhite ,

Are all your services (calling/texting/data) working with Eastlink?

If not, put your Public Mobile SIM card back in your phone and have Eastlink request the port again. You should get the text to approve the port/transfer.

You can confirm the Public Mobile account is closed (or authorize the port if needed) by checking with the Moderators, private message them here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kendrawhite : Did you leave the Public Mobile SIM in during the transfer? Your new provider should be the one to deal with it all though.

Need Help? Let's chat.