cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port not working - unable to recieve calls

ugh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Activated SIM card this afternoon (after a lot of hassle getting CC accepted). I had a new number issued to ensure everything was fine before starting the port from wind.

I initiated the port from the account portal and a few minutes later the wind SIM stopped working. Now with the PM SIM in all calls are still going through the temporary number.

When anyone tries to call me they get a message that the number is no longer in service! This has been ongoing for 6 hours now.
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ryan101b, You have posted to a very old topic.  You should always start a new topic so that your question is easily seen/notices, and gets a quick response.

That said, Is this a recent port to Public Mobile?  Are you sure you do not have numbers blocked or something like that? 

If it is a new account / number port, and there is nothing on your phone's end (I will assume you have restarted your phone since it started with PM), then you should send a private message to the moderator team, so that they can take a look.  Perhaps something went wrong with the number port.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

If I have mis-understood your situation, please elaborate.

ryan101b

Hey,

I read your message from 2016 regarding unable to receive calls following the port.

What was the solution in the end?

I am unable to receive calls from certain numbers (Rogers mainly) yet can from Bell customers. Still hoping for a working phone with PMobile. 

Thanks,

Ryan

Oceanmaster
Still not working and no comments or emails from the Mods. I have to pay for two phone bills now, very disappointed. Please contact me, or comment if you have suggestions. I've private messaged a Mod, tagged them in a comment, and filled out their 'Contact Us' email request. Heard nothing back. Haven't been able to receive a call for NINE days now!!!!!!!!!! Don't know what else I can do..... Please Help!

Joegibroni

I have this exact same issue!

Oceanmaster
Hey @Mary_M can you help me out. Phone has still not ported over and it's been a WEEK! Let me know what I can do please. Thanks.

Oceanmaster
This is ridiculous. Been waiting a week and still not working and haven't had any help. Having to pay two phone contracts and constantly switching SIM cards. Sent PM's to Mods but no replies.

I don't recieve calls or texts unless they are from other PM phones. @Shazia_K or another Mod please help me!!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Frustrated_1

I've looked into the port request and I'll need the correct account number of your old service provider!

I have also responded to your private message 🙂

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Frustrated_1

FOR ME IT HAS BEEN 7 DAYS!!! with no response from anyone 

ugh

Finally this has been resolved.

One of the mods responded and passed the information to their technical team. My number started working shortly afterwards.

I never got a reply to the email ticket so I'm glad I harassed people on the forum.

If I had known it was possible my number could be inactive for so long I would not have risked it. I have no way of knowing what important calls I may have missed over those 3 days.

Oceanmaster
I put my old SIM card in and got my voice mails, so thanks for the comment u/ugh. Some texts are also going to my old phone provider too. Hopefully this gets sorted soon, don't want to keep paying for two phone providers and can make the full switch to Public Mobile soon.

ugh

There is a post under announcements that says they are swamped with requests and won't be able to get through the current ones until at least next week.

At least your calls are going into voicemail. I'm stuck with an out of service message. Did you try using the PIN from your previous provider to listen to the messages or inserting your old SIM card? It might have have ported out yet.

Oceanmaster
I have now not received any calls for 48 hours. I need assistance to sort this out. Can someone PLEASE contact me ASAP with a solution. My data works, I can make calls, but if someone calls me it goes strait to voice-mail, but I can't even check my voice-mail. HELP!!!!!!!

sf1

nope, the old sim goes "no service" when port was successful.

it will eventually go through if you filled everything correctly and did not cancel your old service yourself.  The promo is really making them busy with lots of activation issues.

mekaelus

I had service on both the rogers sims until the update the morning. As of this morning, PM was working and Rogers has no more service.

I still have service on Wind and am still waiting for a successful porting from Wind to PM (its been ~3 days and incoming calls are still going to Wind). I had sent PMs to Mary_M and she responded on the community discussion even though the private message was marked "unread". 

Bizzare. GL.

ugh

Thank-you very much for the update.

Did you still have service on your old SIM prior to the port going through?

I have no problem with it taking several days if I had a way to receive calls on my phone number.

sf1

My number was ported today, after waiting 4 business days (exclude weekend)

Someone actually looked into the ticket that I created and replied today that it has been ported successfully, the messages to the mods remain unread.

I have no idea what the hold up was as they didn't ask me to correct any info but I am glad that it is finally ported, and I hope it will happen to you soon too.

ugh

On to my second business day without the ability for people to call me.

No one from PM has responded to my email ticket, forum posts or tweet.

I'm wondering if it would be faster to initiate a port out from PM to a different provider. This is insanity.

sf1

just open a ticket, I have waited longer than you and they haven't responded, the messages are not even read on their end.

Contact us > > Porting

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

ugh

@Shazia_K please help!

ugh

24 hours now with my phone number out of service

I am missing important calls.

No one from Public Mobile is responding to me.

mekaelus

Hello,

I have the same problem. I ported two numbers from Rogers and one from Wind.

One of the lines from rogers cannot receive incoming calls. The other Roger's line plainly does not work. The one from Wind also does not accept incoming calls (it goes to the previous wind SIM card)

I've done reboots etc etc etc, its about almost a week. We'll see what happens over the next several days. GL.

ugh
Thanks for the advice! Yes. I have restarted the phone but no text yet. It works perfectly other than being on the temporary number.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi

i refered to vladster's good luck note....

i was on wind with 3 lines... 2 went quick...the 3rd took a little longer.....

did you already restart your phone? usually you will receive a text from PM saying, that port is complete....... also: check you apn settings.....lastly: is your phone compatible ( PM operates on LTE band 4 1700/2100mhz)

cheers

ugh
This is from wind not voip. Hopefully it is resolved by the morning on its own.

jheili99

hi

voip ports always take longer than dealing with cell phone carriers....if i'm not mistaken it says somewhere, that porting from a voip number can take up to 30 days due to the nature, that it is more complicated to automatically close the voip account as well as area code availability ...

cheers

vladster

Good luck! I've been trying to port the number from voip.ms since Oct 31. 

jheili99

hi..

system is kind of slow recently..... if not resolved by tomorrow morning send a message to one fo the 4 moderators....they can help..

cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.