cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Number

Edson0929
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

I just signed up PM and port my number from FIDO to PM.

My mobile number works both Fido and PM. I believe once number is ported then my FIDO should be cancelled. I phone FIDO and they haven't got any complete status in their system and thats why its not cancelled.

Any thoughts? Alreeady send ticket/message to PM CS_agent but no response 😞

7 REPLIES 7

Sent. I held off sending it the first time as I should have asked for just a little more info. But since your still getting texts to Fido, sent for sure this time.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1708895037418.png

Edson0929

Hi I already did that and looks working but all messages seems not coming through PM text. When i switch back to Fido then all text messages comes in. 

Is there a number I can call for port number team?

OK. Go into your settings where the eSIMs are, choose public Mobile as your primary and save. Then restart your phone. Because you were using Fido, you may need to reset your Network Settings. If you need to do that, just know you will lose all saved Wifi log ins and passwords. Also, bluetooth items.

Edson0929

Unfortunately, I'm using esim in fido. So I just back and forth with PM and FIDO in my phone. 😞

Edson0929

I'm using esim in FIDO (esim also for PM). I receive the FIDO confirmation and hit yes right away. After that nothing follows 😞

@Edson0929 wrote:

Hi All,

I just signed up PM and port my number from FIDO to PM.

My mobile number works both Fido and PM. I believe once number is ported then my FIDO should be cancelled. I phone FIDO and they haven't got any complete status in their system and thats why its not cancelled.

Any thoughts? Alreeady send ticket/message to PM CS_agent but no response 😞

Until porting has compelted, the service working at both Fido and Public is normal.  Did you make sure that you left your Fido SIM card in your device?  A text message that you will only receive if you are still using your Fido SIM card needs to be replied to in order to approve the phone number transfer.  Otherwise, please wait for a reply from CS_Agent and they'll hep you out.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Edson0929 

Did you leave your Fido SIM card in your phone? If so, did you get the porting request text? If you missed all that, there is a number you can call to get this porting issue resolved. I will send you a private message to your mailbox in the top right corner of this page or click on this link to direct access.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

EDIT: Just know that if you send a private message to a CS Agent, it may take up to 12 hours to hear back because of these promo's happening right now.

Need Help? Let's chat.