cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Issues with E-Sim

Jan613
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey there,

My partner just purchased an iPhone 15 and was in the process of porting over from Rogers to PM. She confirmed the port over with Rogers and PM proceeded to reply saying the ESN/MEID is incorrect. Now her old sim card doesn't work in her old phone and we can't use her new iPhone because PM said it is not able to port. 

How do we trouble shoot this issue? We were notified PM would contact us however the phone doesn't work due to accepting Rogers to port. This is frustrating...

4 REPLIES 4

Gwanzi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi I am sorry to hear that, I also meet similar experience. For my solution, if you can log in your account, please check whether your account already get SIM number, if you get it, perhaps some problem happen on you SIM card, change a SIM card could solve it. But you refer porting process, in this case, you had better contact both provider at same time, let Public mobile send porting out request to Rogers again, and call back to rogers within 90 mins to get confirmation, after that, your phone could work

JJ27
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! I’m having the same issue, could I please also have the phone number for porting over the number? The CSA has not responded in over 15 minutes. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jan613 if Rogers sim no long working, it could be already ported successfully 

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you if needed.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

For eSIM, can you make calls outgoing?? check if eSIM installed , there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone.

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step eSIM installation step), try to reboot your phone once.  

If it still does not connect and if you have another active sim on the phone, disable those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim) using the SIM Manager on the phone or simply remove the physical sim.  

And make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled.
(On iPhone: Settings->Cellular , make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on)

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jan613.  I think you'll need to report, but give the PM porting team a call to sort it out.  I'll send you a PM with the number.

Need Help? Let's chat.