cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Service

raquelflores101
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I live in an area with somewhat poor service although lately I noticed my incoming calls are not going through even when out and about in other areas? What's up with that?? It's been maybe 2 months of this..thinking of switching if I can't resolve the issue 

9 REPLIES 9

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@raquelflores101 

Check the PM coverage map: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/coverage 

If you are within the coverage zone then you are in a dead zone.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

It could be some cell tower in vicinity has an issue? Maybe cold weather affects it since you have issue last 2 months.

With cell coverage there is no surprise to have great signal at one location and no or almost no signal some 50m further down the road.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@raquelflores101 

If you're in the Brandon, Manitoba area I think that the reception there has been sketchy lately. You may want to check out the cell tower coverage map as mentioned before.

@raquelflores101 

If you tell us the general area or city or town that you live we can check your local towers for the bands they carry but all the major providers are upgrading their equipment. This in particular causes an issue when y9ur phone switches from the 4G LTE network to the 3G network that pm uses for voice calls. A slight delay when switching causes your service to default to voicemail. Try switching your network in your settings to 3G only and see if this improves your service.

Also occasionally toggle airplane mode on/off to establish a brand new connection to the network this may help when you are travelling around as you may lose connectivity when switching from one tower to another.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@raquelflores101 

Public Mobile runs on the Telus network, best coverage in Canada, not sure if other providers will be better, sometimes even a different part of the house makes a difference. Try another phone see if makes a difference 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Reseating the SIM card as previously suggested probably won't do anything.  You mentioned that you live at the edge of coverage.  Please take a look at this cell tower map to see where the nearest towers are from your location.  In Canada, there is only 2 major networks, one run by Telus/Bell (this service) and the other runs by Rogers.  Switching brands may or may not help if they are on the same network.  

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=52.000000&lng=-97.000000&zoom=4&type=Roadm...

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@raquelflores101 you mentioned that the coverage was already not good, are you going to stay there for long or this is temporary? 

I am sure you have checked and reset phone's settings and re-seat the SIM while rebooting the device.

Check the Telus coverage in your area and decide accordingly. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@raquelflores101 

visit to Coverage Map Here .

or Here 

and check it out is enough Towers in your area..

Check the status of Service Status and if is not enough Towers in your area you can reporting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@raquelflores101 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

Need Help? Let's chat.