cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help!!!

brockster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Plan now deactivated that used same credit card for months and months.  Credit card valid and not expired.  Tried another valid one says problem updating!  WTF is going on?!?

14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brockster wrote:

OK but the fact that auto-pay does not work properly should be addressed before a “work around”.  I guess this is just a no frills service where basic functions not working is acceptable?  I won’t stick around if so.

It works perfectly fine for years on end for the vast majority of customers. Until it doesn't. The card may have expired - not Public Mobiles fault. The member may have moved to a different address - not Public Mobiles fault.

Sure, they could do better informing people exactly what's wrong when it does stop. They could get rid of the field for apt#.

I don't think they need to tell people that it failed. You'll know pretty quick that your service has stopped. There's your notification.

Yes, we all came here for the rates. You get what you pay for.

brockster

OK but the fact that auto-pay does not work properly should be addressed before a “work around”.  I guess this is just a no frills service where basic functions not working is acceptable?  I won’t stick around if so.

@LurganIeUk this is the best discription on how to avoid auto pay issues, essentially turning your prepaid account into more of a postpaid routine. 

I can see this being very useful for customers transitioning from a post paid service. 

great work! 👍

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@brockster wrote:

Plan now deactivated that used same credit card for months and months.  Credit card valid and not expired.  Tried another valid one says problem updating!  WTF is going on?!?

Can I suggest to prevent your issue in the future. 

Prepay your account and keep auto-pay in place. 

For your future use and thought. Since we all depend on our mobile devices we need to have reliable service so here is a method to insure yourself to avoid the insufficient funds situation. 

Manually pay 30 days ahead. Leave auto pay in place (just in case) as that alone gives you $2 off and if it is NOT used you will still get the $2 off. Then when you receive your text that your account has been paid, that then becomes your reminder to prepay again. Depending on the accumulation of any earned (vs expected) credits you may occasionally downward adjust the amount you prepay. Do a screen print of your text and treat it like a bill to pay. 

Copyright 2020

brockster

Doing manual payments with autopay would disallow my $2 autopay credit no?

also why did it work for over 12 months and now all of a sudden it didn’t with any credit card that is valid?

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@brockster It seems that your Autopay failed. You need to do either manual payment or use a voucher. For future, I recommend to do manual payments even with enabled Autopay. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

For immediate service I would go the voucher route.

The credit processing system can be tricky at times, and we really don't know what causes the issues.

I removed your images from the posts. Plese rove them from your public gallery

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@brockster 

Please edit your photo to block out your name and your account number as anyone can see your post.

Restart your browser.  Remove your old cc info and add a new cc entry.

Make sure the credit card address matches what is on your statement.
1. If you live in multi-unit building, don't use the unit # or apt#. Just use the building number.
2. If the postal code on your statement has a space in the middle, left the last digit out. PM check the first 6 characters of the postal code only including the middle space.

If you still have problem, you can wait for moderator or buy a PM topup voucher from Shell gas station and get your phone working ASAP.

@brockster wrote:

Image removed by mimmo

Are you on auto pay? Make sure you have enough funds to renew.

Try clearing you Cache and opening up a tab in Incognito mode and try again; see if you are getting the same message.

If so, then yes submit a ticket by clicking this  link.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@brockster wrote:

Hi @brockster - submit a private message to the Moderator Team here, link.

Hope this can be fixed up quickly for you!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

brockster

image removed by mimmo

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@brockster If you have autopay with a valid card but have no service, you likely need assistance from the moderators.

To get a ticket click https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Invent prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. Click it then login and pick the topic, if needed, from the drop down menu. To confirm your ticket has been submitted, check the SENT box in your private messages; click the small envelope beside your avatar at top right on your screen.

Hang in there, the moderators will sort it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@brockster wrote:

Log into My Account...is your plan Active or something else ? Is your account set to renew tonight ?

Need Help? Let's chat.