cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help with porting from Fido :-(

brutus99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I did the account set up and entered all information correctly with porting Fido number but still not ported!

Get this message when put the new Sim card in my phone:

Public Mobile here: To complete your request to move to Public Mobile, please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. You'll need to provide the correct Password or PIN from your previous service provider. Thanks.

What do I have to do now?? Do the account set up all over again?

Help please...confused
40 REPLIES 40

brutus99
I spoke to Brooke_C Nov 19 not sure she's a Mod because I originally messaged Mary M.

But I didn't know about the texting when I last spoke to Brooke_C.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
When's the last time you contacted a mod?

brutus99
So just realized today that texting between non Public Mobile numbers doesn't work afterall 😞 We were testing it between ourselves and was working fine but we all are with PM. My son thought his friends were just ignoring him by not replying back until he called them and they never received his texts!

I'm just surprised it's taking this long to get this fixed 😞 The other 2 lines work fine.

Rockdaddy22
That's awesome news, thanks for the update

jgorman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Glad your making progress😀

brutus99
Successfully ported 3rd number today!

Still waiting for first # to get fixed. Texting started to work this morning so only calling in doesn't work.

Rockdaddy22
That's awesome news, thanks for the update.

brutus99
Ok so porting of one number is finally done and after playing with the settings everything works now!

I just wish the mods can help me fix the first # where only data and calling out works. Still waiting for their reply but I guess they must be very busy these days haha

If I could do it over again knowing what I know now 🙂

Thanks for the advice, really helped!

jgorman
Your welcome.
Good luck. Don't worry.
Have faith😀

brutus99
Ok thanks again! Feel more confident now 🙂

@jgorman wrote:
Someone else can chime in hear. But I believe no pin is required. Unless it's deifferent for different providers. But I don't see that being the case. I ported from Wind

Out of the PIN, IMEI, and account number fields, only one is needed.  And only one should be used.  By filling in more than one of those boxes, there's an increased chance of an error /porting failure.

Account number is always best if you have it.  (IMEI can be tricky if you've had more than one phone or if the carrier didn't update the IMEI on file after you changed phones, PINs can be forgotten, etc., but account numbers are constant for the life of the account)

Rockdaddy22
Also, check the I am the authorized user, BEFORE clicking anything else

jgorman
Yes I agree with Rockydaddy22.

Rockdaddy22
Please just make sure you have the correct account number

jgorman
Someone else can chime in hear. But I believe no pin is required. Unless it's deifferent for different providers. But I don't see that being the case. I ported from Wind

Rockdaddy22
Forget the pin and imei, use the correct account number and that's good enough

brutus99
Ok thanks again!

jgorman
PIN number is not mandatory.
I just ported today. No pin required

jgorman
Make sure the name you input is exactly the same as in your account. Good luck

brutus99
But it also asks for the pin # which had a * beside as mandatory. So I have to put that in correct?

brutus99
Ok will try now and see what happens! Wish me luck lol

jgorman
Just put name in account and your account number. No other info required. I believe the more info you supply the more likely a problem will occur.
I ported in 20min with just those 2 things

brutus99
I activated the 2 plans earlier but I'm afraid to port lol

With the first # I only put the porting #, name and pin #. Didn't fill out any of the optional fields and I probably should have added account #. IMEI # Fido doesn't have of our phones since they were purchased by us.

Any other tips for successful porting?

Rockdaddy22
Keep us updated on your progress.

brutus99
Great thanks!

Wow this forum is great very helpful 🙂

Going to set up 2 accounts now 🙂

imcphers
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you are setting up a second number - you can enter your first number as the referral - if it doesn't go through - you will need a moderator to fix it.  They will fix it, but I'm sure it will take a while - as long as it is fixed before your 90 day renewal you will be fine.

brutus99
Another question, since my first line is not fully ported but account is all set up and paid for, if I "refer myself" from that number, it will be fine correct?

@brutus99 wrote:
Thanks for the replies everyone!

Now I was going to activate my other 2 sim cards I just received toda and promo plan is gone 😞

It's still available.  Public is just no longer advertising it.

brutus99
Thanks for the replies everyone!

Now I was going to activate my other 2 sim cards I just received toda and promo plan is gone 😞

@brutus99 wrote:
So calling in and texting still not working 😞 I'm surprised porting is taking this long when some people only takes few minutes?

The porting of phone numbers is usually an automated process and can e quite quick.  But as your porting request was rejected by your old carrier, resubmitting the request with corrected information is now a manual process and unfortunately, you need to wait until someone at Public Mobile gets around to it for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.