cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help with porting from Fido :-(

brutus99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I did the account set up and entered all information correctly with porting Fido number but still not ported!

Get this message when put the new Sim card in my phone:

Public Mobile here: To complete your request to move to Public Mobile, please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. You'll need to provide the correct Password or PIN from your previous service provider. Thanks.

What do I have to do now?? Do the account set up all over again?

Help please...confused
40 REPLIES 40

@brutus99 wrote:

So now the PM Sim card works by calling out (call display shows the ported #) and data works but cannot call in and texting doesn't work. I guess it's still not "fully" ported?? I tried to ask Fido if porting is complete but they said have to ask PM.

I'm just confused how call display show ported # but still not be fully ported?? I guess I will just wait until it fixes itself? Thanks again!

As already mentioned, you will receive a text message from Public Mobile telling you that the number porting is complete when it is.

As for the outgoing call display, that's just how Telus/Public does phone number porting. They immediately assign the phone number being ported in to your Public Mobile service, even before the request has been approved.  I personally don't agree with that practice because anyone can temporarily spoof your phone number (either deliberately or by accidently typing in the wrong number during the porting process) and the outgoing call display will show that phone number even if it does not belong to that person!  Neither Wind nor Rogers allow that when porting in a number as they only update the outgoing call display to the ported number after the porting process is complete.

After number porting is complete, incoming calls and text messages will start working on your Public Mobile service.

brutus99
Thank you, I just sent a private message!

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

brutus99
So calling in and texting still not working 😞 I'm surprised porting is taking this long when some people only takes few minutes?

brutus99
Thanks, good to know it's just a matter of time now 🙂 Was getting a little stressed out lol I will have 2 more lines to port over once I receive my sim cards hopefully by tomorrow!

zhiv9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

>>I'm just confused how call display show ported # but still not be fully ported?? I guess I will just wait until it fixes itself? Thanks again!

I was in the same boat when I ported from Rogers.  I could make calls and the call display number was correct.  I took about half an hour and then I received a text message: "Your Transfer Request has been completed successfully".  After that I could receive calls and text messages.

brutus99
Thanks for the replies!

Checked my Visa and don't see any pending transactions but my account shows the $6 account balance from Auto Pay credit weird...

So now the PM Sim card works by calling out (call display shows the ported #) and data works but cannot call in and texting doesn't work. I guess it's still not "fully" ported?? I tried to ask Fido if porting is complete but they said have to ask PM.

I'm just confused how call display show ported # but still not be fully ported?? I guess I will just wait until it fixes itself? Thanks again!

outdoorsaddix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@imcphers They don't specify that they were charged so maybe it really didn't go through @brutus99 should maybe check their credit card account and see if there are any pending or posted transactions. If none then try it again. 

imcphers
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I wouldn't do it twice - you might get charged twice - they will refund the money but it is going to take a few days.

When you login to your account self serve account, take a look at the change SIM - does it show you the last 4 digits of your current SIM, have a look and make sure everything seems to be setup properly.

Check your plan details - does it show you your Cell # - does the plan look correct?

If it was me, I would private message a moderator to look into your issue:  Have a look at these 2 threads then send your message.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @brutus99

Above, click Get Help -> Still Can't Find the Answer? Contact Us Below -> Contact Us -> Select SIM and Activation -> follow all the prompts.  It will ask you a few questions.  Also see below for more information on how to contact public mobile if you decide to PM them.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Need Help? Let's chat.