cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help Senior Citizens - Missing SIM Cards

zen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I just got home for Christmas and my parents who are senior citizens 82 and 79 years old told me that our neighbours had orders sim cards for them during the promo peroid so that they can sign up for the promo, however, the SIM cards never arrived.

At the age of 82 and 79, my parents did not have any patience and did not want to go through the hassle of trying to figure out what happend to the SIM cards, neither they are tech savvy at this age to message Public Mobile here online. 

The neighbours had also moved out of country last month so they could not get in touch with them.  I also don't have any way to find anything out from the neigbhours.

I am seeking help here from the community and the moderators here to guide me on how do I get sims for my parents and how do I get them on the fall promo that they were supposed to be on.

On this generous occasion of Christmas, if anyone can help and if Public Mobile can help, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you very much in advance.

18 REPLIES 18

zen
@mimmo thank you, I will take to them.

@Rockdaddy22, thank you. they didnt know at all, they said that the neighbors said it's good promo and will save them money.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
How did they find out about the promo?

mimmo

@zen also try to figure out what your parents actual need is... there might be other options that more suit their needs.  I know I wanted to get my mom on PM for the promo, but she said she didnt want data so I put her on a talk and text only plan...for $25 /month....  a great deal is great if you will use it else something else migh be better 🙂

zen

@Luddite Thank you very much.

Also, while I am visiting them, I am going to try finding the contact info of the neighbours and try to get an order number.

Thanks again.

@zen Send me a private message if you are near Mississauga; I have spare SIMs.

Also, have confidence they will get the promo plan as long as they have some "proof" the SIMs were ordered before Nov 16; per Jeremy http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SIM-Ordering-amp-SIM-Card-Payment-amp-Pi...

Try to relax and enjoy our holiday season. We'll help them out.

Are you sure they have unlocked phones?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

zen

Yes, I have thanked poeple above for not judging and trying to help.

Plus I have also edited my post and remove the "do the right thing" wording and have changed it to just "help"

And I have apologized multiple times now for offending anyone.

Thanks again.

zen

Thank you @mimmo, @PBForMe and @UDP7 for being sensible and trying to help out.

UDP7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

How much money did your parents give your neighbour?

I am not trying to bury myself in self appreciation here, the community was very helpful and provided useful recommendations.  

zen

Sorry, I didnt mean to offend anyone.

I am just saying that they are old and I am just conveying what they are telling me.

They are old and they do rely on people doing things for them.

I completely agree that it is not Public Mobile's fault.  I read great things about Public Mobile community support and I was just simply asking for help and but I am truely sorry for asking.

I will just assume that may be they got ripped of by the neigbhours and will tell them to be careful the next time.

Thank you all again.

@nikunj4 wrote:

@will13am   I was about to reply almost the same message that this seems suspicious. OP keeps referencing "PM can do the right thing" this is not PM fault. Why would your parents give money to your neighbors without asking for proof such as order number? or perhaps an email address or shipping address.

Precisely!  My mom is old, doesn't own a cellular phone.  I wonder if I have a right to rant here that Public Mobile should do the right thing and educate her about the virtues of this service and offer her a choice of past expired promotions.  

Online purchases have much better tracking than some cash transaction.  So if there is any stitch of truth here, OP should be able to put some effort into chasing down some details.  

nikunj4

@will13am   I was about to reply almost the same message that this seems suspicious. OP keeps referencing "PM can do the right thing" this is not PM fault. Why would your parents give money to your neighbors without asking for proof such as order number? or perhaps an email address or shipping address.

PBForMe

PM could probably verify the sim order if you simply gave them the address of your neighbour. Seems like the easiest route. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

OP, you keep making reference to Public Mobile doing the right thing.  What do you them to do if all they have to go by is a post on this community forum?  Personally I am having problems connecting the dots here so to speak.  Your parents are old, not savvy, but know enough that the deal of a month ago is lava hot and worth getting.  They also happen to know that SIM cards purchased during the promotion period can be activated now and still get the deal.  Color me suspicious.  We have tried to be helpful, but if substantial evidence cannot be provided to support the SIM purchase you are referring to, then we are merely discussing vaporware here.

zen

Thank you all for replying.

My parents are saying that the neighbours had taken some amount of money from them and said that they ordered sim cards for them for this great promo.

Like I said they are very old people and at this age are unable to chase the neighbours or Canada Post around.

The neighbours have moved out of country like I said or at least that is what they told everyone, so now I have no way of tracking them down.

Did my old parents get screwed over or can Public Mobile help them?

I appreciate everyone's help.

Thank you.

mimmo

when you private message the mods give hem the email address that was used and any relevant information about the order (order number date, name address, email address)  

are you sure the neighbours ordered the sims? can they forward you the order number?

worst case they still can get the 6gb/90  for 120$ plan which is still very good, not being tech savy that might be enough.  

UDP7

If they haven't shown up for some time now, I think it's safe to assume they're just lost (it happens). The best thing I can think of is to order new ones and private message a mod about your situation and provide them with the necessary information about your old SIM cards that was ordered.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Would you happen to know the order number?  Apparently SIM orders are tracked.  If an order went missing, you should be about to talk to PM about reordering replacement cards and still getting the promotion.  

Need Help? Let's chat.