cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mail system speed

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I was trying to adjust my vmail notification messages (and I succeeded even though some were at weird places through menus, particularly how to get rid of 'your name' message) but when listening to spam and other left messages I came across some thing I do not like too much.

When system reads back phone number (fake or legitimate) which left message, it reads it way too fast. At least too fast for me. I have to listen it multiple times to understand or write it down.

I guess there is no way to slow it down. I experienced the same with some banks reading 2FA way too fast. Some 'companies' are really good, like government but others are not designed well for senior citizens, non native English speakers and similar individuals. Not all of us are perfect Canadian chatter boxes.

And no matter my feedback to those companies reading authentication codes too fast ever resulted in any improvement - like slowing down.

3 REPLIES 3

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Not quite what you're looking for, but a work around is to get an app that can record calls. You can then control the playback speed and also replay as needed. You might need another app (media player) for this though lol.

This could be a hassle but is more reliable for what you want to do... IMO only of course.

Unfortunately I don't know if there is, hopefully they can indeed be superman in this case lol

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

This sounds like a job for superman, (i mean,  the customer support agents!!!)

You know how to contact them, @Yummy 😉

You never know, maybe there is a system setting on their end to slow the automated voice speed down.

Need Help? Let's chat.