cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please! go to Walmart for Activation.

choding
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just came back from Walmart for porting of my son phone.

They wanted to activate a sim card in their store for inconvience.

Even you don't know your current account, they can open your current account and port the number to PM. They also give me a new sim card, it is not working. faulty one.

I just spend 20 min and ported my son number from Fido.

It is working well, but funny one is it showed 3G on my son phone, iphone 7. but my phone, nexus 5, is lte.

Anywhere My son is happy, and I either because they give 2 dollar by autopay, and 1dollar by referral.

thanks for PM and Walmart.

13 REPLIES 13

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah it sounds like they are definitely hoarding referrals. Won't he be able to tell if he gets a $10 credit into his account within 72 hours? Or is this done?

choding

I activated the sim card at stone road.

otherwise I don't know the reason why Many people complains the rep at walmart. 

they asked me how to activate the sim by myself or by themself. they filled out the form and asked me to check the form, and printed out all document.

I think the processing of activation is so easy that anybody can do it.

it is grade 2 level.

I don't know the second question. it is out of my boundry. you should ask PM.

@NDesai wrote:

@daredogg wrote:

@NDesai definitely a good tip for new activations... make sure the associate who's helping you doesn't put their or their friend's phone number in the referral. If that does happen... is it recommended to contact the moderators to have it removed?

Customers will never know. If there is a promo going on such as the 1GB bonus or $10 credit, agent will mention that as it is in favour of customers. On top of this, they will collect their commission. That's why some reps who force users to activate in store drives me nuts. 

It would not surprise me one bit if Walmart agents are taking advantage of referrals for people who don't have one or are not aware of such an offer.  They can build up referrals on an account and make the account quite marketable at a profit.  Referral laundering.  It is the only explanation I have for so many of the stores telling customers that SIM cards must be sold activated. 

@daredogg wrote:

@NDesai definitely a good tip for new activations... make sure the associate who's helping you doesn't put their or their friend's phone number in the referral. If that does happen... is it recommended to contact the moderators to have it removed?

Customers will never know. If there is a promo going on such as the 1GB bonus or $10 credit, agent will mention that as it is in favour of customers. On top of this, they will collect their commission. That's why some reps who force users to activate in store drives me nuts. 

CherylKirby

I live in Strathroy (W of London) and there are a few dead zones between here and London. It just is, regardless of the carrier....except in the past weeks since coming to PM No clue why Telus had the problem? My phone has never shown more than 2 or 3 bars regardless of location, including being in London and sitting under a tower, but everything works very well! 

@choding glad your experience with PM has been good so far, and also that you received good service at Walmart. Like some others have said, Walmart isn't always the best place for activations. Different locations are hit or miss, but I'm glad to hear the Guelph location was good. I'm guessing this was the Woodlawn store?

choding

nice meet you.

Still i don't have any problem use the PM.

it is good service and and cheap on the market.

when i ported my phone num fido, i seriousley considered between freedom and PM.

as a result, I had a good choice.

I know there is no dead zone in guelph.

sometime signal bare drop 2, but working is good.

thanks.

choding

as you have horrible experience from rep, complain at walmart.

I want to help newbie for Pm.

thanks

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Some reps are ok maybe even good but many are bad or terrible. It's hit and miss for sure 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Not sure why you are recommending walmart. You might have experienced a good service, but not all Walmart rep are the same. What Walmart did for you, anyone could've done at home. Nothing special here including number port and AutoPay discount. What you might not know is that, the rep might have used his/friends number when he activated to earn himself a referral credit of $1 off his/friends bill.

@choding alright! another Guelphite! I live in a concrete apartment building Silvercreek Pkwy area and get 1-2 bars of LTE, full bars (4) outdoors using an iPhone 6s.

choding

thanks for your posting.

I already know how to set up the mode.

but I want to know which mode is faster in my area, Guelph on iphone 7.

thanks

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Check the mobile network settings on the phone are set to auto to select LTE or 3G depending on signal strength. Also it you are talking on the phone it will automatically switch to 3G during the call 

Need Help? Let's chat.