cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please everybody contact the moderators for invoice

hbalter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Its time for PM to provide its customers with a printable invoice within self-serve. Currently an invoice is only provided following a direct request to a moderator. This is a waste of time for both the customer and the moderator.  

The chance of the self serve invoice option being introduced will greatly increase if everybody, and I mean everybody, contacts the moderator team and requests an invoice for their most recent payment.  And then do it again for the payment before that.  And then do it again for the payment before that.

The more we bombard the Moderator_Team with these requests the better chance we will have of actually getting self serve access to an invoice. Together we can make the change happen.

28 REPLIES 28

I agree that you might not want to use an unofficial (homemade  🙂 ) invoice for reimbursement.   

But again, as I said, if someone can get reimbursement, I guess plan cost is not the most important factor.  If you find reaching out to mod is too much hassle, if you don't think the invoice they gave is good enough, then consider moving to Koodo and Telus.  

@hbalter 

Hi, I guess you can see your post kind of back fired!  Most of us here, don't think that an idea like that would get an immediate fix. 

I am drafting a document that may serve the purpose, with taxes,  BUT to be honest if any one has any rewards then you must show the net amount out of pocket. And no doubt there a number of customers that only have the Auto-Pay and Loyalty Rewards or less.

For example.

$25 plan plus 12% = $28

Auto-Pay and Loyalty could be $7 plus 12% = $7.84

Means the only # for CRA or your employer is ...$20.16....if the paid amount is fully covered.

And I would not want to use an unofficial document for CRA unless you have printouts backing it up. 

And if your $25 plan was heavily laden with rewards....then there is no point. 

I assume you have very little for rewards. 

I will have to do some searching for that invoice to find page 2. It was an email but I can’t find it so far, maybe in a different computer. It was for 2019 tax year so maybe in our accounting paperwork. Since then I haven’t needed one as I eliminated the need by making my service free with rewards.

AE_Collector 

@LurganIeUk 

Seems @AE_Collector didn't post the second page but I am sure he would happily supply you with a copy. Here's the thread....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Request-a-Receipt-for-your-Ac...

Now I am exiting this thread so as not to get banned for shilling our not so universal medicare system. I will leave the doilies and linen for you to clean up after the OP.

I produced this invoice myself in less than 2 minutes. I did NOT do a good job selecting dates as it shows 2 monthly DID fees. Should only show 1. 

Would be nice if PM could do the same. 

EPSON002.JPG

I would only participate in it if PM asks for it and would acknowledge each idea as:

Good prospect: develop now

Good prospect: develop later

Will not pursue. 

PM is no where close to perfect.. let's add all the great suggestions onto @maximum_gato 's wishlist..

The Community's Public Mobile Wishlist - Community

or of course, you can open ticket with mod using the chat bubble...   🤣

@esjliv wrote:

@hbalter wrote:

Its time for PM to provide its customers with a printable invoice within self-serve. Currently an invoice is only provided following a direct request to a moderator. This is a waste of time for both the customer and the moderator.  

The chance of the self serve invoice option being introduced will greatly increase if everybody, and I mean everybody, contacts the moderator team and requests an invoice for their most recent payment.  And then do it again for the payment before that.  And then do it again for the payment before that.

The more we bombard the Moderator_Team with these requests the better chance we will have of actually getting self serve access to an invoice. Together we can make the change happen.

@hbalter ,

I am actually with you on the monthly(cycle) statement to be available for customers to save, view, print, etc.

It is a business, so provide the receipt of paid services used by your customer. I don't think it is too much to ask. 

PM has Telus and Koodo models to follow; it really can't be THAT difficult, can it? Model it after an existing model, turn on the process - bam, that's it.

But that is just my opinion.

ONCE AGAIN......PM is a self service mobile system that holds 90 days of transactions. They should develop a self serve invoice program...you provide the dates with in the 90 days available and PM would provide some or all information back to you in PDF downloadable format. Easy for all. 

@darlicious @AE_Collector 

What does page 2 look like?  Need to see how they sew it up to the end. 

@hbalter 

Looks like this sample is from AE_Collector and is for 6 months. I can probably mimic this for 1 mo., 3 mo., or 6 mo. but most used would likely be for 1 month as all plans are 1 month...but some longer ones are grandfathered. 

So just what is the deal with your employer....pays all, pays %, or?? If a phone is a requirement of the job you know who should be paying for it and arranging a contract for you!! Your employer. My employer paid for mine, my daughters and my son in law is fully reimbursed. But I caution you....if your employer pays for all and arranges the contract....then beware of "Policy" and that employer can see ALL of your calls and texts by phone number. So mixing a company phone with personal, in my opinion, is not a good idea. 

@hbalter  since you have your employer reimbursing the wireless cost, instead of upsetting  with PM for unable to provide you a monthly invoice, why not go to another provider with a proper invoicing system?   Koodo and Telus probably fit your needs.

I always think while PM has some very good plans, it's not a place for everyone.     🙂

Also, I really don't think the idea of bombard the moderator with  requests that we don't need is a good idea (sorry, I don't need my invoice)... can't Bravo your original post.. no offense.  🤣

@hbalter wrote:

And now that I have gone through the ridiculous process of getting the invoice through the ask the moderator process, what I have finally received in my email is absolutely useless and has been rejected by my employer.  The "invoice" (and I use that term very loosely) only shows amount paid and date.  There is no indication at all about term (i.e. 30 day, 90 day), start date/end date etc. Therefore, though I am eligible to be reimbursed a certain amount each month this "invoice" is not enough backup to get this approved. I am only being reimbursed once every 90 days.  Essentially, the lack of a normal invoice is costing me $40 every 3 months, or $160 per year.  

Please everybody, step up the "civil disobedience" (I like whoever called it that) and keep bombarding moderators with invoice requests.  Everyone, everyday, for not just the most current period either.  Together we can get this fixed.

Thank you.

So you have a phone. You use it for work. You have a low cost plan. You receive a receipt and your employer won't accept it? Who do you work for...McDonalds or some cheap employer like my brother in law????  That is a plain ordinary, a cheap crook. 

Never the less @darlicious  mentioned that I have a excel program and can hold all the details using copy and paste. PM me and I can email to you, if you like. You might be able to doctor it up to look like a real invoice as not likely has  any employer seen very many of them. The only thing is, what I have does not show tax...but I will figure that out too!! Then you could print from excel to PDF and email your employer to save paper. Maybe in the winter I can make one up in the excel program. I will print the one that Darlicious provided BUT if there is another mobile company that has the format that is acceptable...send it do me without name, address or account #. Likely you will have to show the phone numbers. Would it need to be bilingual?

hbalter

@darlicious If there was the opposite of a Bravo I would give you one for this. No offense, but I don't see what you have to go through to get reimbursed for medical has anything to do with this. And I don't think promoting another product is appropriate (and may even be against the rules of the community).

The fact that it took three long paragraphs for you to show me how easy it could be for me to set up enough back up to get reimbursed is absurd.  We aren't trying to collect evidence to solve crimes.  A simple invoice with just a little more information on it should not be that complicated.

There is no solution you or anyone else can provide.  We just have to keep directing our efforts to the moderators and PM in general to get them to change their invoice template.

hbalter

@darlicious 

Yes it does. And it is useless.  No where on there does it say what period it is for.  So, my payment in April, which is for 90 days, is accepted by my employer as one payment worth one reimbursement as they cannot see from the invoice that it is for three months.

@hbalter 

Did you ask for one 30 day invoice? You need to ask for an invoice in 90, 180 or 360 day terms. You have to pay in a clockwork manner by the same method on the same day. (vouchers, RTP, manual or automatic payments from your registered autopay card.) Additionally you must provide supporting documentation such redeemed vouchers and their reciepts. Your accounts payment history exported to an excel file(contact @LurganIeUk he will share his method), credit card statements etc...

You could sign up for a koho card. It takes 5 minutes and 5 business days to recieve your visa/debit card. It's free. Pm payments get a minimum 2.5% cashback (up to 13.5%) they even have a bonus $20 referral promo right now. Use it exclusively for your pm account. With a screenshot of your overview page, your payment history on your renewal date along with a koho statement and a pm invoice every 90 days you will have a consistent documentation that will be acceptable by your accounting department for reimbursement.

You should see the paperwork I have to put together to get reimbursed by MSP 10×$23 that they cover out of the $120 fee my massage therapist charges so I can almost walk like a normal person for 5 days month while I sit (literally) on the surgery waitlist for a THR. I file the paperwork once a year for a woohoo one time payment of $230.

@hbalter 

Does your invoice not look like this?

Screenshot_20210606-143359~2.png

hbalter

And now that I have gone through the ridiculous process of getting the invoice through the ask the moderator process, what I have finally received in my email is absolutely useless and has been rejected by my employer.  The "invoice" (and I use that term very loosely) only shows amount paid and date.  There is no indication at all about term (i.e. 30 day, 90 day), start date/end date etc. Therefore, though I am eligible to be reimbursed a certain amount each month this "invoice" is not enough backup to get this approved. I am only being reimbursed once every 90 days.  Essentially, the lack of a normal invoice is costing me $40 every 3 months, or $160 per year.  

Please everybody, step up the "civil disobedience" (I like whoever called it that) and keep bombarding moderators with invoice requests.  Everyone, everyday, for not just the most current period either.  Together we can get this fixed.

Thank you.

hbalter

Your disagreement makes no sense.  The whole point is not for them to hire more staff etc.  It is for them to realize their current method is ridiculous so if the moderators get bombarded with repeated invoice requests from everybody then maybe they will care enough to change this to a self-serve option.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@hbalter wrote:

@hbalter ,

I am actually with you on the monthly(cycle) statement to be available for customers to save, view, print, etc.

It is a business, so provide the receipt of paid services used by your customer. I don't think it is too much to ask. 

PM has Telus and Koodo models to follow; it really can't be THAT difficult, can it? Model it after an existing model, turn on the process - bam, that's it.

But that is just my opinion.

hbalter

No where was there any mention of a paper bill.  Not sure where you got that from.

@hbalter 

I'm sorry I disagree and I like a paper bill but I like cheaper prices more. Occupying moderator time  by creating "busy" work will slow down service times for everyone. If you don't have service do you want to wait 48 hours or longer to get your services working again? I think not. There is not enough demand to warrant this option at the moment when other more important issues need to be addressed first.

However if you feel that strongly about it you can go back and search by entering "how to get an invoice or bill from public mobile" into the search bar and compile a list and contact the approximately 200 customers in the last 5 years who have made this request and get them to get on board with your idea as they will have a vested interest in your goal and we won't be cutting down trees without purpose as at least those customers will want/need their paper invoice. I just take screenshots for my records.

Good luck with that.......and yes those are the stats.

I doubt it will be a repeat deal..

btw, this is the template you can follow:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Request-a-Receipt-for-your-Ac...

I am daft on this one. You contacted who (a MOD?)  that told you to direct your need to a MOD?

Or there is an option by contacting a MOD to have one done up for you. But I don't know if it is a one time deal or if it repeats. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Sorry, I am not joining.

I am happy and fine without the invoice.    I rather have no invoice than to give PM an excuse to raise my bill for $1 a month (LoL)

Not sure how many joining your "rebellion", to make it effective, maybe you can request one every month.    🙂

hbalter

I have requested a self-serve PDF option.  I was told they don't provide that and I should go through moderator. The only way they may reconsider to get to the solution you suggest is to make it overwhelming for the moderators to handle all the requests.

Thanks for responding.

Anonymous
Not applicable

for invoice but unnecessary if don't need it,

but is also at Transaction History is too easy to reading your Payment History.

but i you want to getting a invoice is only way to getting to Submit a ticket to a moderator Team.

with In order to complete the invoice request, please confirm the following information registered on your account:

1. First and last name

2. The PIN for the Public Mobile account

3. The last phone number called/texted

4. Complete address and postal code

5. Preferred language

6. The months and the year for the invoices needed

7. email address where we will send you the PDF file of your bill

Good Luck

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hbalter : I'm likin' the spirit of "civil unrest" but in this case...I don't care. Count me out.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Not every one needs an invoice or statement. And I assume that PM does not consider that they are providing business phones. But for other reasons there may be a need for a statement for tax purposes or some other reason. 

What I think would be a reasonable request would be for PM to only have the records of the last 90 days as usual BUT to have a "self serve" option to create your own PDF file with a Public Mobile letter head and address. You would supply the dates. This works perfectly at VOIP.ms. No help from supplier and a take it or leave it option that would satisfy those that need it. 

But there are so many other faults that need to be fixed for stuff that should work...and then there are additions.....I doubt if very much will happen. 

But that what I would be asking for. PDF option, all done by the customer. 

So, I too disagree with your suggested method. 

Perhaps every one that needs an invoice should request a PDF self serve option. 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@hbalter wrote:

I disagree with you. There should be invovices but bombarding the moderators isn't the answer. Customers who don't want the invoice asking anyway will slow down service for everyone. If they have to hire more moderators schedule more statff, the prices goes up.

Need Help? Let's chat.