cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pleasant experience! Account NOT debited for 888 call.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I know I have read this some where here. But I thought I would mention that on my $15 plan I recently called Telus at one of their 888 numbers and my account was NOT debited for the call. How nice is that!  Will that apply to all 800, 883 etc number? Any other free call numbers?

13 REPLIES 13

@LoveMyBolt 

Good to know, thanks for confirming.

310 numbers could have gone either way as not really toll free numbers but "local looking numbers" even if they are sending you across the country.

AE_Collector

LoveMyBolt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@AE_Collector wrote:

There are others... 310 numbers would be possible candidates to not be billed but I haven't tried one and they aren't specifically "Toll Free Numbers" though they are never a long distance call. 310 numbers are always just 7 digits. 310-xxxx

AE_Collector

310's cost minutes in limited minute plans.

@LoveMyBolt wrote:

I don't know. I'm just saying to not be choked if and when it ever might get "fixed".

I like the old-school hacker mentality of exploring systems, and cleverness to achieve a goal. It applies here because though not official, observation by astute individuals on these forums allows others in the community to benefit from the findings.

If things change, we will likely find out about it quickly here too.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Will that apply to all 800, 883 etc number? Any other free call numbers?

You likely meant 833 numbers not 883.

Toll free calls are 800, 888, 877, 866, 855, 844, & 833.

There are others... 310 numbers would be possible candidates to not be billed but I haven't tried one and they aren't specifically "Toll Free Numbers" though they are never a long distance call. 310 numbers are always just 7 digits. 310-xxxx

AE_Collector

LoveMyBolt

@computergeek541 wrote:

@LoveMyBolt wrote:

@Nezgar wrote:

So I could call my coworkers at the office airtime free on the $15 plan if I use our toll free number, sweet!

I've just done some testing with a line with the current $15 plan, and indeed it seems to be true with calls to multiple 800, 844 and 877 numbers. No minutes consumed. Cat Very Happy

Remember that it's not official. It could change at any time.

Does Public Mobile ever "fix" these type of things? They've fixed things that ended up short-changing the customer, but I can't remember an instance of an unofficial "feature" being corrected.

I don't know. I'm just saying to not be choked if and when it ever might get "fixed".

@LoveMyBolt wrote:

@Nezgar wrote:

So I could call my coworkers at the office airtime free on the $15 plan if I use our toll free number, sweet!

I've just done some testing with a line with the current $15 plan, and indeed it seems to be true with calls to multiple 800, 844 and 877 numbers. No minutes consumed. Cat Very Happy

Does Public Mobile ever "fix" these type of things? They've fixed things that ended up short-changing the customer, but I can't remember an instance of an unofficial "feature" being corrected.

LoveMyBolt

@Nezgar wrote:

@Nezgar wrote:

Nice!

But if you need more mins, its only $5 for 500 mins Smiley Wink

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks Darleen. 

@iPhoneUser @gblackma  There will be no monetary charge ever...of course. But it's good to hear as previously stated it does not count against plan minutes.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@iPhoneUser wrote:

I know I have read this some where here. But I thought I would mention that on my $15 plan I recently called Telus at one of their 888 numbers and my account was NOT debited for the call. How nice is that!  Will that apply to all 800, 883 etc number? Any other free call numbers?

According to "geopublic Mayor / Maire"'s answer on this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Toll-free-number-calling/m-p/478388#M1035... there is no charge on the new $15 plans with the unlimited incalling.  

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

AFAIK, no one gets charged for Toll Free numbers. The number you dialed is the toll free number. Numbers starting with 1-800 or 1-888 are known as toll free numbers. 

Need Help? Let's chat.